Business Development Associate
- Toronto, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Business Development Associate (BDA202303)
Start date: Immediate
Experience: 0-3 years
Education: Bachelor's degree or similar
Note- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; you are encouraged to apply early.
About Able Innovations
Able Innovations aims to advance the quality of care, efficiency, and safety in healthcare through user-centric, robotic innovation.
Able innovations develop products that will transform healthcare delivery. The needs of healthcare systems and staff are not being met here and worldwide. Compounded by COVID-19, aging populations, and staff burnout, nurses increasingly seek to leave the profession.
Transferring patients (moving patients between beds, stretches, and imaging tables) requires several nurses and risks injury every time. At Able Innovations, we are developing cutting-edge robotic devices to automate this process to offer safe, efficient, and dignified care.
We are looking for individuals who want to develop intelligent, robust, and particle systems that we can deliver globally to combat this public health crisis.
About the position
The need for our technology has never been greater, and to meet this need, we have assembled an excellent team with individuals driven to develop technology for good. We are in pursuit of greatness and expect the same of our employees. We are looking for new team members who are driven, passionate, and hard-working. The opportunity for such an individual is second t none as they will gain vast experience and exposure to real business challenges daily.
The Business Development Associate will directly report to the CEO or their designate. The successful candidate will act as a core part of the Sales, Operations, and Business Development team(s) and may also represent Able Innovations to external stakeholders. This is the perfect opportunity for an individual with a versatile skillset looking to make a meaningful impact at an organizational level. A summary of expected responsibilities and skills is outlined below:
- The successful candidate must enjoy problem-solving while working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Work comfortably at the intersection of technology and business, translating market requirements into technical specifications.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing to develop and execute strategies and programs.
- Conduct market research and analysis (both primary and secondary)
- Engage with partners and customers (including hospitals) to provide training, troubleshooting, and implementation.
- Assist with the drafting of presentation collateral and/or customer-facing documentation (e.g., training manual)
- Identify and apply for external programs/grants.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or a related field
- Self-motivated individual who is results driven with a do-whatever-it-takes attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software
- Professional and empathetic in dealing with clients and stakeholders.
- The position requires working with customers/stakeholders in various locations/time zones and may require occasional travel
- Knowledge of or experience in clinical settings is strongly preferred
- Interest in/experience with product management
- Experience with multimedia editing, graphic design or website design
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Video editing software
A successful candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
- Take ownership: Take responsibility and accountability for your tasks
- Proactive: When a challenge or problem is identified, you actively seek ways to address or mitigate it
- Resourceful: Find creative ways to solve problems and think out of the box
- Adaptable: Able to respond to rapidly changing project requirements
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single pdf document with the naming format "BDA202303_Firstname_Lastname".
Able Innovations is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace. All aspects of employment are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnic origin, marital status, age, place of origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, creed, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, record of offenses, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.
Something looks off?