Staff Software Engineer (Voice)
Remote · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Ada was founded on land that is the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is home to many First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples. We also acknowledge that Tkaronto is covered by Treaty 13 with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaties signed with multiple Mississaugas and Chippewa bands.
At Ada, our mission is to deliver an AI-powered customer service automation platform that helps you resolve the greatest number of support inquiries — across channels and languages — with the least amount of human effort. Our vision is a world where customer support experiences are great for everyone.
Since 2016, Ada has powered more than 4 billion automated interactions for brands like Meta, Verizon, AirAsia, and Square. Canadian-founded, Ada serves companies and their customers worldwide.
For more information, check us out on ada.cx, Brands Talk podcast series, our blog, LinkedIn, Betakit, and BuiltIn.
Our values are our fundamental driving forces for decision-making. They are the heart of what we stand for and are critical to our next phase of growth. You can learn more about our values and Ada’s founding story on our Careers page, and learn more about our Engineering Team on our Engineering page.
As a Staff Software Engineer on our Voice team, you will be working with internal and external stakeholders, product managers, and designers to execute Ada’s roadmap in order to deliver a best-in-class voice experience for our customers. Our team is focused on making it as easy as possible for Ada to be deployed in all the channels where our customers and their end users are having conversations.
As technology is constantly changing, the candidate must have the ability to adapt to change in this diverse and fast paced environment. You will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. You must be results driven and determined to drive issues to resolution. You will be a team player, organized, responsible and a highly detailed problem solver!
- 5+ years of experience as a backend developer through the full development lifecycle
- Simple by design: Ability to design, build, and scale high-quality software and systems that strike the right balance between simplicity, flexibility, scalability, and security.
- Leveling up: You are raising the standards and skills of engineers around you (whether they are part of your team or not). This responsibility includes direct teaching, mentoring, providing feedback, reviews, and indirectly influencing by being a role model.
- Guiding execution: The projects you are working on are complex and sometimes multi-faceted. They will require strong technical skills but also soft skills. You should be able to influence and drive the team and your work to deliver excellence in a predictable time.
- Code quality: A passion for code quality and a drive to constantly improving it
- Cloud native: Comfortable operating in a cloud environment, using serverless, application containerization, infrastructure as code
- Help make our ambitious Ada product roadmap a reality through the implementation of features and new integrations as part of a stream-aligned team
- Review the team’s code, provide insightful feedback, foster collaborative community and teach everyone something new
- Be an integral member of the team to contribute to our product ideation process, work to spot improvements, increase the quality of code and brainstorm new opportunities
- Ensure the team is providing a scalable and maintainable platform for integrations
- Participate in the network of Ada technologists by being a mentor and a mentee, joining a guild or working group, and by otherwise helping to strengthen the fabric of our technical community
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Wellness account
- Extended health coverage
- Dental/optical/travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee and family assistance plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-first, In-person friendly work environment with WFH budget
- In-house social worker
- Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
- Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role. We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we cannot progress. At Ada, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Our values are our fundamental driving forces for decision-making. They are the heart of what we stand for and are critical to our next phase of growth. You can learn more about our values and Ada’s founding story on our Careers page.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
The expected salary range for this position is $111,000 - $190,000. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors such as past experience and qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
See more open positions at Ada
Something looks off?