Senior Partner Engineer, Solutions
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Ada was founded on land that is the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is home to many First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples. We also acknowledge that Tkaronto is covered by Treaty 13 with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaties signed with multiple Mississaugas and Chippewa bands.
At Ada, our mission is to deliver an AI platform that makes it easy for businesses to automatically resolve the most customer support inquiries with the least effort. Our vision is a world where customer support experiences are great for everyone.
Ada is an AI-powered customer service automation platform that makes it easy for businesses to automatically resolve the greatest number of customer service conversations — across channels and languages - with the least amount of effort. Since 2016, Ada has powered more than 4 billion automated customer interactions for brands like Meta, Verizon, AirAsia, Yeti, and Square. Born in Toronto, Ada serves companies and their customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.ada.cx.
As a Senior Partner Engineer on our team, you will be working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver tailored software that unlocks big partnerships, as well as new opportunities for our clients.
Your goal will be to deliver new integrations and features, alongside key strategic partners, to drive amazing experiences for end customers. You will be building on top of Ada’s own APIs, and designing and discovering what they make possible. Features you deliver will be used by the cutting edge of Ada’s client base, and will be used to open up new avenues for growth through our partner integration marketplace. Furthermore, as the main consumer of Ada’s API platform, your projects will be used to inform & drive Ada’s core architecture and strategy long term.
- 7+ years of experience as an Infrastructure / Back-End / Full Stack Developer.
- Strong understanding of distributed cloud systems architecture and relevant technologies, for example; Terraform, Serverless Framework and AWS CloudFormation.
- Strong understanding of non-relational databases (e.g. DynamoDB), and message queues (e.g. AWS SQS).
- Experience working with public APIs to build reliable third-party integrations.
- Experience working on observability, incident response and management, and root cause analysis.
- Experience leading and managing software development projects with autonomy.
- Experience collaborating with team members, providing code reviews and aligning on development patterns.
- Self-starter, problem solver and strong communicator with a bias toward simplicity in software design.
- Work with Ada’s customers and software partners to build bi-directional integrations on top of Ada’s APIs.
- Be hands-on in building features, solving scaling and reliability challenges.
- Provide expertise to identify areas of opportunity / innovation and help level up our current development practices.
- Ensure the team is providing a scalable and maintainable platform for integrations.
- Help raise the bar for technical excellence, foster a collaborative community, and teach everyone something new.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Wellness account
- Extended health coverageDental/optical/travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee and family assistance plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-first, In-person friendly work environment with WFH budget
- In-house social worker
- Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
- Development opportunities
The expected salary range for this position is CAD$105,000 to $160,000. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors such as past experience and qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities, even if you don’t meet every qualification we listed, because members of marginalized communities are less likely to apply if they don’t meet every qualification. We believe that without you, we cannot progress. At Ada, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Our values are our fundamental driving forces for decision-making. They are the heart of what we stand for and are critical to our next phase of growth. You can learn more about our values and Ada’s founding story on our Careers page.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.