Project Manager (IT)
Advanced Protein Technology Centre
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join the Project Management Office (PMO). The Information Management and Technology Portfolio provides an opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding environment, coupled with cutting-edge technology.
The successful candidate will be someone who takes pride in working in one of Canada's top academic health centers ensuring projects are run effectively and efficiently. You will manage resources (time, scope, and people) for the delivery of multiple projects. You will work in a complex, ever-evolving (& improving) environment to deliver high-quality products and to bring those products to life with our customers.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of PMO, the Project Manager will be:
- Managing multiple projects assigned to the Project Management Office of the Hospital’s Information Management and Technology Portfolio.
- Focusing on a combination of our corporate redevelopment, enterprise application and technology projects requiring the implementation of vendor-supplied systems or software.
- Ensuring that all steps from requirement analysis through to product selection, implementation, testing and production are carried out in an optimum way to ensure successful and timely completion of the project.
- Developing and communicating project charters, scoping documents, project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, calendars, resource schedules, budgets and other reports.
- Working in close collaboration with the associated subject matter experts, functional areas, project sponsors and leadership to understand requirements, obtain decisions and implement solutions.
- Collaborating with other Program/Portfolio/Project Managers to coordinate dependencies across various related or disparate projects
- Where required, developing Requests for Proposals (RFP), evaluating responses, and leading IT system selection teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- A PMP designation or a Masters Certificate in Project Management is considered a strong asset
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in a related environment, 5+ years of which must be as a Project Manager
- CPHIMS/CPHIMS-CA Certification is considered a strong asset
- Preference is given to candidates with experience in IT corporate redevelopment, health care IT environment and/or with experience delivering complex projects which encompass a wide range of technologies
- Proven experience working as part of a large, organizational-wide team with multiple dependencies
- Proven experience working on complex, multi-year budgets
- Proven experience implementing vendor-supplied systems
- Proven experience managing/leading system integration projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with the ability to tailor communication styles to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively influence, interact and collaborate with senior-level management, and prepare and present oral and/or written technical reports and project presentations
- Ability to effectively collect, analyze and integrate multiple forms of information
- Structured thinking and sound/logical judgments to influence change
- Ability to investigate, identify, and deliver strategic/tactical results
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, negotiating, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional facilitation, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team collaboration and conflict management skills
- Creative, self-directed, innovative, results and detail-oriented
Employment Type: CONTRACT with Benefits
Something looks off?