Advanced Protein Technology Centre
Network Specialist will play a key role in day to day in network operations, and be responsible for managing SickKids new Software Defined Network. The Network Specialist is responsible for coordinating installing, configuring, administering, maintaining, and supporting LAN and WLAN infrastructures. Network Specialist will provide technical support for LAN/WLAN network. Network Specialist must possess excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks. In this role, it is critical that that the Network Specialist demonstrates strong verbal and written skills paired with the ability to work courteously and effectively with all stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide technical oversight of a multi-site network, including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Interface with Network Manage Service providers for network changes and requests
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Design, deploy, and administer the wireless infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Effectively participate in concurrent projects and prioritize based on business and operational needs
- Work closely with other IT teams and service delivery departments for escalations and within a process improvement capacity.
- Understand and maintain knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Create and maintain a knowledge base for the team and assist in cross-training other team members.
- Manage and Administer Network Monitoring System – SolarWinds and Arista Cloud Vision
- Must have excellent communication skills, and be able to prepare, deliver, and present reports/results/findings in technical perspective
- Follow process management discipline for change and incident management of all network components and acts as a subject matter expert in handling the incidents
- Plan and carry out planned after-hours changes to meet business and operational needs.
Skills or Experience Required:
- A university degree or college diploma in computer science or equivalent with 5 to 10 years of related experience.
- 5+ years of progressive Network experience working in a complex environment with distributed sites
- Minimum 2 years of experience in designing and maintaining Software Defined Network (SDN)
- Advanced expertise of enterprise data center environments, concepts, and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Routing Protocols OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP.
- Advanced knowledge of Switching with VLANs, STP, vPC, LACP, MLAG, VxLAN
- Advanced knowledge of IDS/IPS, ACLs, NATs, SSL/TLS and IPSEC VPNs
- Advanced knowledge and experience with IP networks including IPAM, DHCP, DNS
- Advanced knowledge of Wi-Fi and 802.11 protocols, RF planning and troubleshooting
- Experience with scripting with Python
- Advance knowledge in diagnosing complex network performance issues and working with Network Monitoring systems
- Good understanding of information security best practices
- Experience with conducting Root Cause Analysis on major incidents and coordinating and executing follow-up actions.
- Experience with Incident, Change and Problem Management procedures, preferably in an ITIL driven environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills, service-oriented and solution driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and consensus-building skills.
- Strong drive to understand and learn on the job.
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Join the SickKids Family. Work alongside the best & brightest. Flexible hybrid work environment. Freedom to innovate & be your authentic self. Learnings galore, incl. tuition reimbursement. Wellness & Peer Support Programs. Health Benefits & DB Pension Plan
Deadline to apply: Open until filled.
Something looks off?