Software Developer, Senior
Who We Are
Aux Mode is a Digital Rights Management (DRM), monetization and reporting platform. Our team is made up of experts in digital content strategy, distribution, monetization including collecting, reporting, auditing and distributing of all royalties and IP protection for content creators worldwide. Our customers are individual content owners, producers, distributors, and studios in the TV, Film and Music industry.
At Aux Mode we value innovation, trust, loyalty and “can-do” attitude in all that we do. We are a trusted partner for our Content customers, and we are constantly creating new ways to add value and support to their content creations. In our first five years, we’ve earned global recognition for our pioneering efforts, and we’re looking for smart, dedicated, creative and passionate team members to fuel our growth and our impact for the next five years. We’re collaborative, competitive, and love challenges. If you’re equal parts thinker, doer and creator – Aux Mode may be a great home for you.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work alongside our CTO, Technology and Digital Asset Management Team to continue developing our mission-critical internal and custom-facing real-time proprietary solution software. We’re looking for candidates that communicate well on a team, can keep up in a fast-paced environment, have excellent software engineer skills, and have a good sense of humor to adapt to a dynamic digital media culture.
Responsibilities of Engineer
- Assist with Design and implementation of the Aux Mode proprietary state-of-the-art ML Claim-Processing enterprise architecture framework and surrounding ecosystem solution.
- Be part of the hands-on team developing the Frontend and Backend processing design, code and implementation.
- Real-world implementation of Oauth2 API connection protocol where multiple simultaneous connections will be present and properly handled.
- Development of tools and utilities as required to fulfill our customer and internal solution problem needs.
- Help with the GUI presentation layer and meeting the WYSIWYG design and implementation requirements.
- Part of the team to develop multiple social media platform integration design and implementation strategies – now and into the future.
- Daily work on YouTube, Amazon, and Facebook to build and integrate our proprietary software on these platforms and others to follow.
- Implementation of a cloud-based secure Revision Control System.
- Part of the team for Securing our Cloud infrastructure.
- Goal to be multi platform and add more products.
- Daily maintenance of our cloud-based solutions.
- Part of our internal NOC team and monitoring of such.
- Responsible for solution functionality issues and resolving of implementation issues – strong and demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Part of the team to respond to customer custom requested feature / enhancements requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in software, math, or science NOT required or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years+ working with Java
- 2+ years Perl
- 2+ years Python
- 2+ years with Apache Tomcat (Jarkarta) or equivalent application server Technologies.
- Understanding of Apache Tomcat (Jakarta) + JSP (Java Server Page) + Servlets
- Understanding of communications protocols for proper client/server implementations
- Understanding of encryption technologies applying to data-at-rest and data-in-motion
- Understanding HTTP and HTTPS protocols and proxy-server tools for debugging client/server applications.
- SSL – Secure Socket protocol layer experience an asset
- Hands-on experience with MySQL and Oracle RDBMS definite assets.
- Understanding MySQL and Oracle JDBC connection protocols and techniques
- Understanding and dealing with resource constraints, memory, disk, CPU, and SMP programming techniques.
- Understanding of multi-threaded Java applications.
- Dealing with memory-leak and error catch handling and proper resolution
- Understanding of Java Memory and GC handling techniques and diagnostic analysis and solutions to Java Stack overflow / out-of-memory issues.
- Familiar with big data reporting
- Familiar with large data sets – storage, sorting, processing
- Understanding of RDBMS normalization of data concepts and 3rd normal form.
- Through knowledge of the Oauth2 authentication protocol and connection analysis with proper tools
- Knowledge of ML (machine learning with big data) would be a definite asset.
- Work closely with the CEO and CTO and gain ongoing learning and support.
- Competitive base salary
- Friendly culture
- Benefits package
- Vacation policy: we believe in the importance of time off to recharge
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Work with producers, distributors and Hollywood Studios on streaming platforms
Something looks off?