HR Policy and Compliance Manager
People & HR, Legal
Toronto, ON, Canada · Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Axonify is the frontline enablement solution that’s science-backed and proven to maximize the potential of workforces. Our vision is to reinvent the frontline experience, and we thrive giving them what they need to learn, connect, and get things done.
Our SaaS platform is fun, engaging and simple to use and we have an unprecedented 83% engagement rate. If a meaningful product and a great company culture speak to you, let's chat!
We’re looking for an HR Policy and Compliance Manager to manage all compliance-related efforts relating to HR policy and compliance programs within the organization.
As a key member of the People & Culture (P&C) team, reporting to the Vice President, People and Culture, this role is responsible for creating and maintaining our policies and maintaining our HR compliance initiatives to support proactive planning and stakeholder engagement. This role will also oversee the administration of health and safety programming following established company policies and applicable legal requirements.
The impact you'll have:
- Develop and update the P&C policies to ensure we remain compliant with employment-related legislation or company practice.
- Lead the annual Policy Book review, collaborating with internal stakeholders on any edits or updates to policies, and oversee employee attestation.
- Act as the point of contact for P&C internal audit-related queries (SOC & ISO) by gathering and uploading all requirements into an internal SOC Audit tool.
- Perform routine audit of P&C items to ensure compliance against SOC & ISO.
- Complete all mandatory country-specific reports and compliance initiatives, such as AODA, Workers Compensation, and Pay Transparency in applicable CDN provinces
- Oversee our Right to Work process for UK & USA countries, including liaising with our Immigration partners and managing work permits to empower our international employees.
- Own the risk assessment process of the work-location program.
- Participate in the Joint-Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) and lead any policy-program updates.
- Support RFP queries relating to People programs and practices.
- Engage with vendors, and external professionals and legal counsel as needed.
- Work closely with the P&C Leadership and suggest iterations on processes and initiatives to ensure we remain compliant.
- Collaborate with other functional areas and stakeholders in the delivery of compliance programs and training to employees.
The things you bring:
- A post-secondary diploma, degree or certificate in human resource management
- 3 years of Human Resources experience with a focus on compliance and policy development with intimate understanding of employment legislations, such as ESA, OHSA, Human Rights Code, AODA, Pay Transparency, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Suite Applications, DocuSign, eSign
- Familiarity with HRIS/HRMS systems such as BambooHR, HiBob, SuccessFactors, etc.
- Comfortable taking initiative to drive positive change.
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and abilities, detail-oriented and committed to high accuracy.
- Experience monitoring human resources legislation and news for compliance issues.
- Excels at interpreting complex legislative content and summarizing key points relevant to Canadian businesses.
It's ok if your experience doesn't check every box! If you check off more than a few - great! We’d welcome a chance to get to know what you can bring, how you can add to our culture, and hear your unique story.
This is a flexible hybrid position with some in-office days at our Waterloo or Toronto office. Let’s chat more about our flexible working arrangement!
You will be provided with the tools, resources and support to ensure your success.
The things you’ll enjoy:
An impactful product that gives back to the communities and frontline workers that support our everyday lives.
People with great attitudes that lead to great results through our values: Empathetic, Bold, Innovative and Empowering.
A diverse team that celebrates unique perspectives and experiences that add richness to our culture.
Leaders that trust deeply who leverage our skills, adapt to us as individuals and encourage us to be our best selves.
Check out our perks
Ready to join the team? Here’s what’s next.
Apply. Our Talent Acquisition team is committed to providing an outstanding experience throughout your journey with us. Learn more about Axonify by visiting us at www.axonify.com/careers
We believe our team’s unique life experiences, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and abilities add richness to our culture and depth to our ideas. Our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that supports, empowers and delivers a sense of belonging for all members of the team.
We want to remove barriers that may limit you from joining Axonify. Email us at email@example.com to let us know how we can provide you with reasonable accommodations through our candidate journey.