Position: QA Specialist
BioConnect is a rapidly-growing biometric technology and software company. We have set out on a mission to change the way society verifies identity. We believe that people want to use their true, biometric identity to verify who they are instead of relying on approximations of identity like keys, fobs, passwords and PINs that can be lost, forgotten or stolen.
In September 2021, BioConnect acquired a Narcotics Safe company called MedixSafe (www.medixsafe.com). We have combined our software technology with MedixSafe market knowledge to create an exciting Line of Business with BioConnect. To learn more: https://bioconnect.com/2021/09/02/bioconnect-announces-the-purchase-of-medixsafe-a-leading-provider-of-electronic-cabinets-and-safes-for-narcotic-key-and-asset-control/
BioConnect has an incredibly unique vision and way of doings things, much like our team members. Our team is forward thinking, self-fueled, relentlessly passionate and centered around unbeatable customer service. Our modern, open-concept office in the heart of Liberty Village, Toronto, is filled with energy, passion, and regular fun events organized by an amazing Social Squad.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the architecture and development of manual tests and some automated scripting across our product line: mobile applications (iOS/Android), hardware (IoT), Windows applications, web frontend, and cloud backend (AWS/Azure).
- Work within the Quality Assurance team to conduct functional, performance and regression testing on all BioConnect software releases.
- Contribute to the growth of the Quality Assurance practice within BioConnect, including test case and document management.
- Coordinate with our Product and Development teams to build test plans.
- Review customer support tickets with our Technical Services team and participate in escalation handling when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work in a growth environment.
- Experience with physical access control systems is an asset.
- 3+ years of QA experience, with focus in designing and implementing test frameworks in some or all areas of: mobile applications, hardware (IoT), Windows applications, web front-end, and cloud back-end (AWS/Azure).
- Proficiency in SQL, as well as a scripting language such as Python.
- Must have good communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience in estimating testing effort and planning out regression scope.
- Take pride in defect ownership.
- Look for opportunities to convert manual testing effort into automated scripts.
- Provide training and support to other team members when needed.
So, do you think you have what it takes to join this fast-growing team?
Please visit www.bioconnect.com/careers to apply online. We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let the recruiter know when contacted and we will do our best to provide you with accommodation.