Customer Success Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
At BluRoot, our team is empowering businesses to unlock their potential through CRM software. We have two divisions: BluMortgage (CRM for Canadian mortgage brokers) and Professional Services (custom CRM solutions).
BluMortgage is disrupting the way Canadians are getting a mortgage by providing a single, fully-integrated system to complete every step of a mortgage. We are recognized as an industry leader- used by thousands of brokers and the recipient of awards.
Professional Services is one of Canada's top 3 Zoho software partners. As a Zoho partner, we build custom software solutions using the Zoho One suite of products.
At BluRoot Inc. we live by the principle of team first, and we try to act through that principle everyday. All team members have weekly 1-on-1s with their managers, team events monthly, pizza day bi-weekly, and regular town halls. We work together both remotely from home offices as well as in-person in our office space downtown Toronto. We are backed as a MaRS Discovery District Venture.
The Customer Success team is responsible for ensuring that our clients are successful in using our products and services. This team is also the front line in identifying upsell opportunities.
As a Customer Success Team Lead, your role will be to fulfill these responsibilities while maintaining the value of team first. You will also be tasked with building processes to allow us easily grow and expand.
Within 1 month you'll:
- Work with your mentor, a member of the founding team to complete your onboarding
- Learn the in's and out's of Bluroot's internal processes, the BluMortgage product and Zoho's product suite
- Review the end-to-end onboarding and support process and participate in this process by answering tickets and taking success calls
- Understand Bluroot's upsell offerings and where they provide value
Within 3 months you'll:
- Be held accountable to upsell and customer happiness metrics
- Manage a customer success team around you to realize these metrics
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with the management team to execute on them
Within 12 months you'll:
- Lead the customer success division and be considered a member of the management team
- Own the success of the division by defining the personnel structure and success metrics
- Revamp the onboarding and customer success processes to meet these metrics
- Strategize on pricing and process for upsell products. Introduce new upsell products and services as necessary
- Problem Solving Initiative. This position offers the chance to "take the bull by the horns" to a candidate who is looking to make a difference. To do so, however, the candidate requires strong problem solving and communication
- Team First Mentality. The success of this role is linked to the success of the team overall. This means working to each other's strengths and providing support and coaching where needed.
- Passion. The only way to succeed in this role is to genuinely care about our client's success.
- Patience. At times, this division can experience frustration. A strong candidate is patient and can lead by example on how to deal with difficult client situations.
- Self Motivation. This position will not have a direct manager defining your daily tasks. It is up to the candidate to do this driven by the motivation to succeed.
- Open to Feedback. We have a culture of growth and learning. Giving and accepting feedback is a regular part of our culture
- Experience. The expectation in this role is to contribute immediately while providing new insights to the team. As such, a candidate should have at least 2 years professional experience
- $70-90K in annual salary
- Health and dental benefits, 3 weeks vacation
- Mentorship under BluRoot's leadership team with regular one-on-one sessions to support your growth
- Regular town halls and company-wide get-togethers where you gain insight into the business and get a chance to share cross-functional knowledge with other members of our tightly-knit team
- Ongoing perks such as free lunches monthly, access to our downtown Toronto office, the freedom to customize your at-home setup (paid for by Bluroot!), and many more
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced startup that is growing to be a leader in the Canadian mortgage and CRM landscape
See more open positions at BluRoot
Something looks off?