Lead Software Developer / Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated Lead Software Developer / Engineer. This position demands a high level of output, but also is a great opportunity for growth and mentorship. In this role, you will face a huge array of challenges - from building scalable systems to supporting new fintech product features.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to collaborate and leading others. We're a hardworking, energetic team that is passionate about our customers and believes that to be successful we should never stop learning: learning about our customers, our product, management and how to build better software.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive and manage software projects end-to-end from ideation all the way to deployment and maintenance
- Ensure compliance of engineering standards with the business goals
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, data scientists and designers in to define the overall development strategy and deliver high quality software
- Design and develop core components (micro services & restful APIs) for our financial platform.
- Develop prototypes as well as work on production-grade services
- Develop and perform related unit, functional, regression and integration tests.
- Perform code reviews, mentor junior developers and ensure code is well-designed and follows best practices (clean code, tdd, etc.)
- Share, present and teach best software engineering practices with other members of the team
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES THAT'LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related areas
- Minimal 8 years of professional development experience core services, in event-driven architectures
- Signigicant experience with one of C++, C#, Java or Go
- Minimal experience with one of Python, NodeJS, Scala, Rust or Swift
- Strong understanding of core CS topics including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, databases
- Strong focus on OOD/OOP, clean code, test-driven-development, domain-driven design
- Proficient knowledge of Linux, version-control systems and Jira
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening, presentations, etc.)
- Love coding, love learning and a passion for code quality, maintainability and testability (seriously)
OTHER EXPERIENCES THAT MAY HELP
- Experience with mysql, postgres, redis
- Experience with nosql databases
- Experience in the financial industry
- Experience with GCP's environment
- Experience with messaging and queuing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in an agile-scrum environment (Kanban, Sprints, Scrum)
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
Something looks off?