Product Owner (Credit Card)
We're looking for a Product Owner (Credit Card) who has an exceptional user-centric consumer product approach and credit card/payment/credit bureau/lending experience. Someone to help drive and innovate on the next new product. You’ll be joining a passionate team of product managers, data scientists, designers, and engineers working to redefine messaging capabilities that make it easier for customers to manage their money.
This position requires a visionary that can translate business needs into an exceptional customer-focused solution. We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined professional who excels in a team environment. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic Agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in an agile, test-and-learn environment.
- Establish and execute an innovative, customer-focused interactive messaging strategy that breaks new ground in the financial industry and drives customer engagement and business value
- Evangelize product strategy that influences support and adoption across the enterprise
- Inspire, lead and collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to produce and manage innovative messaging products that delight customers
- Benchmark products against competitors and industry leaders
- Identify and win support for new product opportunities that drive key performance indicators
- Ensure all products are well-managed in compliance with all company and government regulations
- Work closely with UX Designers and UX Strategists in creating product backlogs
- Assist in managing applications and products throughout their lifecycle, ensuring business relevance, adoption, and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with team to define acceptance criteria and participate in agile meetings such as daily scrum, retro's and planning
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders and translate to specifications, mock-ups, user stories, process diagrams, and workflows.
- Document functional, and reporting requirements and processes
- Develop end-user documentation for new features
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Interactive messaging product management with a record of success moving key business metrics
- Experience developing digital products using Agile methodology
- Experience developing products with a customer-first, design thinking approach
- Subject matter expertise in the digital messaging industry,
- A passion for getting their hands dirty by using products as an early adopter, testing prototypes, and digging into user research
- Technical literacy with respect to API integration and data architecture
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Experience with MasterCard or Visa Credit Card Products/Processing, platform installation in a financial institution.
- Experience with API preferred
- Debit and/or credit card processing
- Account processing (core banking)
- Digital wallet experience
- Payment processing industry experience.
- Experience completing card processing conversions that require migrating data from one processing platform to another.
- Experience in providing client-facing project support.
- Project management certification(s) (PMP or CAPM) preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Understanding of credit card production process: material choice, card design, proofing, test, and production stages
BrainFinance is a leading financial technology company providing responsible and constructive credit solutions to consumers. We are redefining access to credit with our revolutionary technology that uses machine learning and automation capabilities to provide better and simpler financial services to everyone. Our team is comprised of financial experts, geeks, mathematicians, computer scientists, and software engineers who all work together to make credit fair and transparent for everyone. We have built a new generation of lending technology platform and reinvented the way credit decisions are made. The new AI is transforming many sectors and it's time for us to introduce this new predictive power to financial services. Interested in joining our Fintech team? Are you passionate about loans, products, credit, finance, law, compliance, design, AI? BrainFinance is recruiting!