C++ Developer (Remote)
C++, Software Developer, C++ Software Engineer, C++ Programmer, C++ Developer
Over the next decade, there will be a massive shift to electric vehicles, with the majority of North American vehicle sales expected to be EVs by 2030. ChargeLab is a fast-growing software company building the EV charging infrastructure of the future with solutions that power networks of charging stations across the world.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex challenges, see the results of your work supporting thousands of EV charging stations and make a positive impact on the world, join us!
About the role:
ChargeLab is hiring a Senior C++ Developer that will independently advance and complete the implementation of high level embedded software requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for extending the existing project to support new features and correct defects, determine what the detailed requirements of the task should be and independently following up with other team members as necessary.
ChargeLab’s new Senior C++ Developer will maintain a high level understanding of the overall project, and drive implementation in a way that maintains high quality standards, reduces technical debt, and maintains a high degree of flexibility with respect to potential future developments or requirements. If you love to support other team members and are looking for an opportunity to take on more formal leadership responsibilities (technical or otherwise) in the future, we would love to see you join the team!
What ChargeLab will offer you:
- Get involved with the new booming EV industry and the latest technological trends
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Get to work with a really cool and easy-going team
- Work from home
- Stock option plan
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision plan for you and your family
Senior C++ Developer Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C++ code
- Work closely with other engineers to develop new products & extensions
- Plan, design, develop, manage, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing modules
- Participate in code reviews, provide support to other team members as it relates to quality standards and best practices within projects
The ideal candidate has:
- Commitment to excellence; a great sense of ownership
- Outstanding teamwork abilities
- Sharp time management skills
- Technical skills as stated below
- 5+ yrs experience as a C++ Software Developer
- Experience with software development and architecture
- Experience with data structures and fundamental algorithms
- Bonus: Experience developing embedded software, experience in a startup environment
We do appreciate your time and effort in applying for this position. The interview process is very straightforward. So, give us a go!