VP of Customer Success
Citylitics delivers predictive intelligence on local utility & public infrastructure markets.
What is Infrastructure? It is the roadways you rely on to safely get to Grandma's house, it's the potable water that comes out of your kitchen tap that you wash your family's food with and it's the energy that heats our homes and powers our digital lifestyles.
Every year, trillions of dollars are spent on all areas of infrastructure to maintain our quality life and move our economy forward. However, our infrastructure is no longer equipped to meet the needs of the future. We hear about infrastructure failures, whether it be bridge collapses, power blackouts, or water main breaks, every day in the news. Climate change and extreme weather events are disrupting the basic infrastructure we took for granted for years.
Citylitics is solving the hardest data problems in infrastructure while building the market & opportunity intelligence platform that enables a faster, more transparent, and more efficient infrastructure marketplace. We turn millions of unstructured documents into high value intelligence feeds and datasets that are available on an intuitive user experience. Our goal is to enable solution providers to connect with cities and their relevant infrastructure needs in a faster and more digital way than historic market channels. As more companies adopt our platform, cities & utilities will be able to access solutions that deliver on the promise of moving towards a more resilient, sustainable, and equitable infrastructure future.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a dynamic, data-driven, operationally focused customer engagement leader with a proven track record of scaling Customer-facing teams and delivering compelling customer value. The VP of Customer Success will own and be accountable for driving customer value goals, product utilization, and revenue expansion by ensuring engagement, success, retention, renewal, and growth. In this position you will be responsible for leading, building, and developing a results-oriented, high performing and proactive Customer Success team. You will build and continuously improve a holistic customer engagement strategy, from onboarding, implementation, training, and ongoing support to help our customers recognize value across the customer's life journey. You may be required to develop & deliver service offerings help customers get the most value out of our intelligence platform.
The ideal candidate enjoys being in fast-paced team where you can adapt quickly to change, make impact, and deliver results. The VP of Customer Success revels in both the strategy and tactics, is action biased, can collaborate and communicate effectively with different groups of stakeholders, including company’s Board and Venture Capital investors.
What you will accomplish
- Define the Customer Value strategy and detailed execution plan and help us better understand the health of our accounts and ensure we deliver compelling ROI.
- Full end-to-end responsibility for customer journey from post-sale to on-going success, services, support, user training, renewals, and business growth.
- Identify opportunities to enhance our customer journey and increase ROI to our customers through new service offerings. You will be responsible for proposing, designing, implementing, pricing, and delivering these service offerings.
- Drive proof-of-value, product adoption, ROI trackers, and long-term engagement by defining the customer journey and optimizing the customer lifecycle, including customer goal achievement, promoting new features, and identifying new use cases.
- Build processes to collect customer success stories & case studies and share them with rest of company and to drive our customer marketing efforts.
- Recruit, motivate, and lead a best-in-class customer success team; Coach and mentor your team on an ongoing basis to meet or beat established targets and develop strong customer relationships
- Closely partner with other functions at the company including marketing, sales, finance, product and engineering to ensure customers are achieving their value & ROI goals with Citylitics.
- Strategize and implement solutions for growth and expansion for our customers and markets, enabling the Customer Success Managers to expand their reach and effectiveness.
- Identify key trends in customer experience and health metrics in order to refine how we serve our customers.
- Work closely with our product management and engineering teams to provide feedback and insights to improve product strategy
- You have gone through the scale up journey and you want to do it again.
- Specific experience creating and successfully executing on customer retention playbooks in a Customer Success team supporting enterprise, mid-market, and SMB customers in both high-touch and low-touch models.
- Experience in delivering professional service offerings, including designing offerings, defining methodology, project management & delivery, pricing models, team management & utilization, scoping and work breakdowns, developing statement of works, project risk assessments, & managing customer relations.
- Strong track record of successfully recruiting, training, and managing a diverse, high-performing team.
- Proven track record of designing and executing strategies that increase user adoption and engagement, resulting in measurable user engagement growth.
- Have 7+ years of experience as a senior leader in complex customer engagements.
- Experience in investor relations & presenting at Board meetings.
- Experience developing user trainings programs.
- Past track record executing a Land & Expand strategy is strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of the CS tech stack including CRM platforms.
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable plans.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to changing market conditions or new demands; possesses a sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth with a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- You have worked in a startup-like environment (unstructured, ambiguous, resource constrained, fast-paced).
- Opportunity to work for one of the top 15 innovative analytics startups in Canada revolutionizing data intelligence.
- This is a rare opportunity to influence positive change within one of the biggest societal challenges of our generation (infrastructure - from water to transport to energy and more).
- Be a part of a scale up company with no corporate bureaucracy here. You will accomplish more here in a few months than what you would in a few years at a large, entrenched technology company.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
- Annual Learning Plans and Professional Development Budget for everyone
- Flexible hours and work-from-wherever with the option to work in our downtown office if interested!
- Competitive salary and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- We work hard. We play hard. From virtual trivia to exploring the food scene around our office, we like to get together!
Citylitics is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionate about providing a safe workplace where everyone is accepted and has the opportunity to grow with us. We are committed to making diversity and inclusivity part of our culture!
Something looks off?