Senior Strategic Financial Analyst
The Strategic Financial Analyst will partner with key stakeholders to facilitate data-driven, strategic decision making across Movable Ink. This role reports to the Strategic Finance Manager and provides a high level of exposure to the executive team; the ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with minimal guidance.
- Own company financial and operating models, and perform ad hoc analyses to inform strategic initiatives (e.g., new products, international expansion, resource allocation, scenario analyses)
- Enable data-driven decisions by working closely as an “analytical arm” to department heads, building business cases that shape key strategies
- Deliver insight into our business metrics, highlighting key trends and providing high-level commentary for use by management
- Support Movable Ink’s annual budgeting process, compensation planning, and forecast review meetings with department heads
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities to drive business improvements and share actionable insights with management
- 3+ years of finance and accounting experience (startup or corporate environment preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and conducting analyses across multiple data sources and systems (NetSuite, Salesforce, Tableau/Looker, and Google Sheets experience a plus)
- Advanced financial modeling skills, from understanding and iterating on existing analyses to building out complex models from scratch
- Strong grasp of finance and accounting principles, including prior experience with budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Strategic thinker with experience translating quantitative measurements into operational understanding and communicating findings cross-functionally; comfort with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail, with a history of producing defensible and scalable analyses
- Openness to iterating on prior work and rethinking established assumptions
- Ability to effectively prioritize deliverables and manage projects end-to-end
- Knowledge of SaaS and relevant industry metrics a plus
The base pay range for this position is $115,000-$130,000/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?