Associate Product Designer
As Movable Ink’s creative tools and data ecosystem continue to become more powerful, more becomes possible in our platform. We’re looking for an Associate Product Designer to help us ensure users will have an easier time than ever discovering those possibilities, making them real, and seeing an impact on their business goals. Join our cross-functional Product team as we shape the future of our product for a wide range of businesses and users. While we can hire this candidate anywhere in the contiguous U.S. or Canada, our teams have 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time daily stand-ups and attendance is required.
- Work directly with product manager and engineering team in both our discovery and execution cycle to ideate, prototype, test, learn and deliver new value to customers
- Working in collaboration with a product manager and engineering leader, create design prototypes of new ideas that can be shared with customers and new stakeholders to test and learn
- Inform product and design decisions with a deeper understanding of the many mindsets, goals, and prior experiences users are bringing to interactions with the Movable Ink platform.
- Collaborate with other designers in design reviews and on the adherence and maintenance of the InkUX Design System.
- In coordination with other product designers, apply and push forward our evolving InkUX design system to support a more accessible, consistent experience for our end users and more efficient, repeatable processes for our designers and engineers
- Increase the visibility of the design team across the Movable Ink organization; present work, facilitate exercises with other teams, solicit diverse perspectives, and bring others into design activities in ways that build trust and collaboration with other teams
- Support the efficiency, consistency, and quality of the Product Design team's output by proactively collaborating with other designers, sharing frameworks and tools, and offering timely, constructive feedback
- 3+ years of experience working in collaborative, cross-functional team environments to ship digital products
- Experience designing for a range of users and tasks in a complex problem space
- Proficiency in exploring, evaluating, and refining product ideas using a range of design, research, and prototyping methods
- Ability to attend daily 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time daily stand-up meetings.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to the needs of a growing, dynamic organization. Ability to balance and move between tactical and strategic design needs
- Strong communication skills, particularly in articulating design decisions and in offering constructive feedback to peers
- Experience in B2B SaaS preferred
The base pay range for this position is $90,000-$110,000/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.