Lead Software Engineer, ML Platform
As Lead Software Engineer (ML Platform), you will play an instrumental role in advancing our core machine learning platform and infrastructure. You will work with AI research teams to turn cutting-edge machine learning models into commercial products. Your technical expertise and leadership skills will be leveraged to drive the development and deployment of high quality, scalable AI solutions. The fast pace of product releases in this field means that there is always something new and exciting to work on, which keeps the role engaging and challenging. By combining digital marketing and AI, you have the potential to make a significant impact on the way businesses interact with their customers.
This role will be reporting to the Director of Engineering (AI).
- Lead ML Platform strategy and architecture according to industry standards for monitoring, orchestration, and testing.
- Successfully transform AI research into commercial products that meet the needs of our clients.
- Ensure that the productized ML models are scalable, reliable, and of high quality.
- Foster close collaboration with AI research teams to ensure that their innovations are effectively integrated into the product development process.
- Release features that deliver measurable and tangible business value.
- Conduct design reviews and hold the team to technical and operational rigor.
- Serve as a thought leader, providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior developers and contributing to the overall technical excellence of the organization.
- 8+ years SWE experience, including 4+ years of ML/MLOps experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining production ML systems at scale
- Exemplary software engineering skills (design, unit testing, git, code review, CI/CD)
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (we use PySpark)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (we use Google Cloud Platform (GCP))
- Experience integrating common ML frameworks (we use PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience implementing microservices and APIs (we use gRPC)
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts, such as traditional ML, deep learning, generative AI/LLMs, statistical modeling, or recommender systems
- Able to collaborate with AI researchers, product managers, and other engineering teams
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to inspire excellence and elevate the quality of engineering solutions
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.