Senior Machine Learning Engineer
As Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will play an instrumental role in advancing our core machine learning solution and infrastructure. You will work with AI research teams to turn cutting-edge machine learning models into commercial products. Your technical expertise and leadership skills will be leveraged to drive the development and deployment of high quality, scalable AI solutions. The fast pace of product releases in this field means that there is always something new and exciting to work on, which keeps the role engaging and challenging. By combining digital marketing and AI, you have the potential to make a significant impact on the way businesses interact with their customers.
This role will be reporting to the Director of Engineering (AI).
- Successfully transform AI research into commercial products that meet the needs of our clients.
- Implement production ML models that are scalable, reliable, and of high quality.
- Foster close collaboration with AI research teams to ensure that their innovations are effectively integrated into the product development process.
- Release features that deliver measurable and tangible business value.
- Implement MLOps infrastructure to support the retraining, evaluation, and programmatic release of a large number of in-service models.
- 6+ years SWE experience, including 3+ years of ML experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience building models using common ML frameworks (we use PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Solid machine learning fundamentals, including professional experience in at least one of the following: traditional ML, deep learning, generative AI/LLMs, statistical modeling, or recommender systems
- Strong understanding of practical ML concepts like A/B testing, model evaluation (training/validation/test splits, bias detection), hyperparameter optimization, and experiment tracking
- Strong software engineering skills (design, unit testing, git, code review, CI/CD)
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (we use PySpark)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (we use Google Cloud Platform (GCP))
- Experience implementing microservices and APIs (we use gRPC)
- Able to collaborate with AI researchers, product managers, and other engineering teams
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
The base pay range for this position is $195,000 - $215,000 USD/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.