Senior Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
St. John's, NL, Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
CoLab is a team of passionate, collaborative, and driven engineers, developers, designers, and innovators, working together to set the new standard for mechanical engineering design collaboration. Our product, CoLab, is the world’s first Design Engagement System (DES) - a category defining product that Engineering teams use to engage in meaningful, productive design conversations, catch preventable mistakes, and get to market faster. Our customers include large engineering organizations such as Johnson Controls, Komatsu, and Polaris in the industrial equipment, consumer products, automotive, and shipbuilding industries.
We're looking for a passionate problem solver to join our growing sales team as a Senior Account Executive. You’ll work closely with the marketing, sales development and success teams and be responsible for taking new SQLs through all the steps of the buyer's journey before handing off a new customer to Success. You’ll build strong customer relationships with engineering leaders across North America as you help them deliver better products to market, faster.
What you’ll do
- Conduct detailed discovery with multiple personas in a new SQL to uncover their pain points, goals and key requirements.
- Provide recommendations and advice to prospective customers not only on how CoLab can help, but how they can work better as an engineering team.
- Manage follow-up conversations and document all activities in Salesforce.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on deals and ways to progress prospects.
- Prepare custom proposals, negotiate terms and close new deals.
- Manage the hand off process with the Customer Success Team to set up new clients for success.
- Support the SDR team from time-to-time in generating new prospects and uncovering new opportunities.
- Work in consultation with Customer Success on account expansions and renewals.
- Manage a funnel of accounts to hit quarterly and annual targets individually and as a team.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure we’re always building the product our customers need.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years experience in a SaaS sales position with strong closing skills, a background in engineering would be considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a growing funnel.
- Ability to understand use cases and demonstrate highly technical product.
- Ability to navigate complex enterprise sales for a product that is new to market.
- Ability to turn ambiguity into clarity.
- Deep passion and curiosity.
- Strong questioning skills and ability to uncover customer needs and pain points.
- Experience with consultative selling.
- Team player with an ownership mindset and no ego.
- Self motivated to achieve goals and results.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey your message.
- This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package that includes commission and stock options.
- This role offers an extended health and benefits package that includes unlimited paid vacation and RRSP matching.
- Our main office location is in St. John’s, NL where we offer hybrid and remote opportunities. This position has the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
- Success in this role will be measured by closing new and expansion business opportunities, and hitting quarterly and annual team and individual targets.