Senior Software Developer
St. John's, NL, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
CoLab is a team of passionate, collaborative, and driven engineers, developers, designers, and innovators, working together to set the new standard for mechanical engineering design collaboration. Our product, CoLab, is the world’s first Design Engagement System (DES) - a category defining product that Engineering teams use to engage in meaningful, productive design conversations, catch preventable mistakes, and get to market faster. Our customers include large engineering organizations such as Johnson Controls, Komatsu, and Polaris in the industrial equipment, consumer products, automotive, and shipbuilding industries.
As a Senior Developer on our Product Development team, you will work with a group of talented developers, Product Managers, Designers and QA specialists to take new product ideas all the way from a concept, to production features that our users love. In the Senior Role, you will also work closely with Product Managers and use your technical expertise to evaluate and shape roadmap items in advance of build cycles, and provide mentorship and guidance to Intermediate and Junior Developers on the team.
What you'll do:
- Interpret complex customer problems and requirements and work as part of a Product team to build solutions that add value for our customers and the product as a whole
- Collaborate with other team members to design and plan new product features and changes based on requirements and UI/UX designs
- Provide input on, and implement improvements to, the tools and processes the team uses to develop, test, and ship critical user-facing features on a regular basis
- Participate in code reviews and help your team deliver high-quality software
- Champion all aspects of the user’s experience, with a focus on clarity and speed
- Contribute to company and product vision, ideation and planning
- Mentor, support, and be an information source to junior developers
What you'll need:
- Professional software development experience working on production-level SaaS products, mentoring and coaching peers and coworkers
- Experience with front-end build, package-management & testing tools such as Webpack, NPM, Jest, Cypress, etc would be considered an asset
- Experience with version control, release management, and CI/CD workflows would be considered an asset
- Competence in UI/UX design and attention to detail would be considered an asset
- Consistent track record of building and maintaining highly scalable products would be considered an asset
- Passion for working in teams with emphasis on respect and continuous improvement
Success measured by:
- On time delivery of new product features and changes
- Promotes clean and maintainable code and software development best practices
- Clear communication and technical leadership within team
- Self directed, takes ownership of tasks, stays apprised of broader team’s work
- Mentoring and advising others on the team
The extra details
- This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package that includes stock options.
- This role offers an extended health and benefits package that includes unlimited paid vacation and RRSP matching.
- Our main office location is in St. John’s, NL where we offer hybrid and remote opportunities. This position has the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.