Senior Software Engineering Co-op (Fall 2023)
St. John's, NL, Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
CoLab is a team of passionate, collaborative, and driven engineers, developers, designers, and innovators, working together to set the new standard for mechanical engineering design collaboration. Our product, CoLab, is the world’s first Design Engagement System (DES) - a category defining product that Engineering teams use to engage in meaningful, productive design conversations, catch preventable mistakes, and get to market faster. Our customers include large engineering organizations such as Johnson Controls, Komatsu, and Polaris in the industrial equipment, consumer products, automotive, and shipbuilding industries.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Co-op student to join our dev team. In this role, you will work with a multidisciplinary product development team to design, build and ship critical product features and improvements to our valued customers on a regular basis. You will work with a group of talented developers, Product Managers, Designers, and QA specialists to take new product ideas all the way from a concept, to production features that our users love.
What you’ll do:
- Understand complex customer problems and requirements and collaborate in a team to build a solution that adds value for the customer and the product as a whole
- Develop, test and ship critical user-facing features on a regular basis
- Participate in code reviews and help your team deliver high-quality software
- Champion all aspects of the user’s experience, with a focus on clarity and speed
- Contribute to company and product vision, ideation and planning
What you’ll need:
- Active enrollment in an engineering co-op program
- Hands-on frontend/backend development experience
- Hands-on React JS, GraphQL, and Python experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with GitHub or other Git workflows (pull requests, code reviews)
- Passion for working in teams with emphasis on respect and continuous improvement
- Experience with front-end tools such as Webpack, NPM and Jest would be considered an asset
- Competence in UI/UX and design and attention to detail would be considered an asset
Success measured by
- On time delivery of new product features and changes
- Promotes clean and maintainable code and software development best practices
- Clear communication within team
- Self directed, takes ownership of tasks, stays apprised of broader team’s work
- This is a full-time, 4 month, co-op position with a competitive compensation package.
- Our main office location is in St. John’s, NL where we offer hybrid and remote opportunities. This position has the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
See more open positions at CoLab
Something looks off?