Software Developer / Data Engineer
In this role, you will work with an interdisciplinary team that consists of AI/ML Researchers, Data Scientists and Management Consultants to develop systems to support our internal and external projects. You will be taking the learnings from our research team to develop a platform to manage large volumes of data, streamline the AI/ML experimentation process and create integration endpoints to our customers.
We are looking for people with keen attention to detail and the ability to create scalable systems. It is important that you enjoy the challenges of implementing and iterating on a variety of problems in different domains and brainstorming creative solutions. Every member of our team is expected to ship top-notch work and take complete ownership of their responsibilities. In return, this is an incredible opportunity to get down into the trenches of a growing business and product, work with cutting-edge technologies and solve challenging problems daily.
This role will entail the following tasks:
- Design, architect, develop, test and deploy frameworks and platforms to support our internal and external AI/ML solutions
- Design and develop secure and scalable APIs and services.
- Participate and analyze our AI/ML experimentation pipeline and develop frameworks, methodologies and tools to improve efficiency.
- Assist in data engineering activities, and the development of our data lake
- Drive adoption of best practices in ML development, data pipelines and distributed systems
You have the following experience:
- Minimum 3 years of development experience in an object oriented language such as Python, Java or C++
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database servers
- Well versed in the usage of design patterns and enterprise architecture
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Exposure to deep learning libraries such as Pytorch and Tensorflow
- Experience with version control systems, specifically git
- Exposure to UNIX/Linux based systems is an asset
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science is required, Masters degree is an asset
Why you should join us:
- Learn and contribute to projects supporting 2nd generation AI/ML technologies
- Work with a group of multi-disciplined researchers in AI/ML
- Enjoy a casual company work environment in downtown Toronto that encourages self-expression, creativity, honesty, and learning
- Flexible work policies and the ability to work from home
- Ability to choose your development equipment
- Participate in the corporate stock option plan
Crater Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Powered by Recooty
Something looks off?