Software Engineering Infrastructure Intern (Jan 2024-Aug 2024)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Deep Genomics is a startup company that aims to revolutionize drug development by leveraging expertise in artificial intelligence (AI) to decode RNA biology. Our proprietary platform, the AI Workbench, enables us to decode the enormous complexity of RNA biology to find novel targets, mechanisms, and molecules that are not accessible through traditional methods. We use this advanced technology to develop steric-blocking oligonucleotides (SBOs) that achieve expression increase for the treatment of genetic disease. Founded in 2015, our multidisciplinary team includes expertise in a diverse range of disciplines including those found in a traditional drug company, as well as machine learning, laboratory automation, and software engineering. Deep Genomics is based in Toronto, Ontario with an additional location in Cambridge, Massachusetts,
Where You Fit In
We’re looking for a highly motivated software engineer intern to be part of our multidisciplinary team that is revolutionizing drug development through AI. Deep Genomics is poised to become the foremost AI-powered genetic medicine company by using data-driven approaches at every step of the drug design process.
You’d work alongside experienced software engineers to build world-class tools and services for our internal platform, which powers the core components of the company: analysis and ingestion of raw data from various lab experiments (both manual and through our robotics platforms), powering the ML data and compute backends (e.g. running large-scale computational processes in the cloud), and state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools. The focus of this position is our compute infrastructure, particularly the ergonomics of the tools we use to run large workloads in the cloud.
What you bring:
- Prior experience with cloud computing and Docker
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Solid understanding of Unix shell programming and related tools
- Basic knowledge of networks (if you've ever configured a proxy, you'll be OK)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with workflow engines, in particular Cromwell
- Prior DevOps experience (CI/CD, dev tooling, compute infrastructure)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes fundamentals
- Experience with Envoy, Ngnix, Tailscale, or adjacent tools
- Prior experience with Golang a plus
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside a world-class team of researchers and software developers working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process