Sales Manager (Energy)
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Sales Manager in the US East Coast who believes that Business Development and Energy are critical in helping achieve clean energy goals. You will work with a passionate group of Energy professionals that serve the largest Utilities in North America. The sales team is responsible for the growth of ecobee within the energy channel primarily focused on the North American Utility sector. What makes a great Sales Manager is the ability to understand the value ecobee can provide our partners and prioritize opportunities accordingly to make the biggest impact!
Still interested? Read on!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- In this role, you will play an integral part in building the hardware and software business for the utility channel at ecobee. By understanding the business drivers of our partners, you will work collaboratively with the Energy Customer Success team to identify opportunities within existing ecosystem partnerships and identify new partnership opportunities that help ecobee to increase market share within the energy channel.
- Understand funding sources for utility programs and create a sales and partnership plan to maximize sales. Work collaboratively with the regulatory team to advocate ecobee’s position and remove barriers to execution.
- Own the end-to-end sales funnel development by working with the regulatory and product team to identify and manage “top of the funnel” opportunities all the way through to completion through the hand-off to the Customer Success team.
- Manage sales operations to include contracting, Salesforce management, and hardware budgeting and forecasting. Provide input into long-range planning efforts. Create proposals and respond to RFPs.
- Attend and represent ecobee as a thought leader at industry conferences. Provide market intelligence to internal stakeholders that can improve product performance or new product features.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You’re an experienced Sales Professional with several years of experience in Utility hardware or software Sales.
- You have experience with utility demand management programs, preferably specific to smart technology and understand how the space is evolving.
- You pride yourself on working with integrity and being part of a team, knowing that we are stronger working together than alone.
- Proven track record of working with cross functional groups and departments
- You like to think big picture and strategically while still being able to manage the day to day details
- Flexible, able to work in a fluid environment
- Strong written, organizational, communication and oral presentation skills
- Build and sustain strong internal/external business relationships
- International (US and Canada) travel required up to 50%
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A first round virtual interview with a cross-functional group of ecopeeps – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions If your first round interview goes well, – you'll then have a final interview with the Executive of the team
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?