Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Beta Program Research Manager that will manage our customer field trials to permanently join our in-house Research and Strategic Insights team at ecobee.
In this role, you will manage, build, and execute the beta programs to validate the customer experience during the product development cycle. You will work with end customers and internal teams across product management, user research, user experience, engineering, and customer support to develop the strategy and execute programs that confirm, from a customer perspective, our product/service is ready to launch.
You will track, provide status updates, and drive issues to resolution. Cross-team coordination, project management, and a strong interest in smart home products and services are essential.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Manage and scale the beta program (customer field trials) for new products and feature releases
- Design test goals and assignments for participants and identify how many testing cycles or stages are required to reach desired customer validation goals
- Partner with the product management and UX design team to identify target user behaviours and define success metrics
- Identify opportunities and put processes and tools in place to improve the effectiveness of collecting, analyzing, and sharing feedback during our beta testing cycles
- Lay the groundwork for internal customer support processes at product launch
Progress tracking and reporting:
- Track usage analytics and manage feedback submitted by users to identify trends
- Generate reports of participant inputs and submit them to product managers and UX design team for further analysis
- Diagnose product pain points; conduct basic data analysis to identify the most important features and processes that need to be addressed
Recruitment and participant onboarding
- Work with the product team and product marketing team to identify target customers for real-world product testing
- Recruit and screen program participants and organize onboarding
- Coordinate shipping, delivery and returns of hardware products to program participants, and overcome logistical hurdles as they arise
Communication and community management
- Provide direct support to customer field trial program participants through accurate and detailed support practices and troubleshooting skills
- Build, maintain, and keep our community of testers engaged, so we may solicit their feedback regularly
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Relevant experience in research (for example, any of consumer research, insights, user research, etc), project management, and/or customer service
- An educational background in a quantitative, analytical, or research-oriented field such as Market Research, Sociology, Psychology, etc.
- Experience managing collaborative customer-facing programs
- Experience working with various stakeholder teams (product, research, user experience, engineering, marketing)
- High level of written and verbal communication skills to interact with customers in-person and digitally
- Experience running and meeting shifting deadlines for multiple projects at the same time
- Impeccable organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong project and time management skills
- Experience working in an Agile product development environment
- Self-starter with a high level of ownership and autonomy
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- An interest in smart home technologies or consumer electronics
- Experience with the following platforms will be helpful: Recollective, MailChimp, Confluence, SharePoint/Microsoft, Asana
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
- Application review. It will happen by actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- Interview Process:
- A 30-minute phone call with a member in Talent Acquisition.
- A first round virtual interview with the Hiring Manager – expect: technical, behavioural, and situational questions.
- In the next round you will meet the team - expect technical, behavioural and situational questions.
- If your first two round interview goes well, you can expect a take home case study, which you get a week to work on – you'll then come in virtually to present your solution to a cross-functional group of ecopeeps.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make a difference for the environment: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of a office-based, fully remote, or hybrid work environment. New team members working remotely, will have all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them, and we conduct our interviews and onboarding sessions primarily through video.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.