Business Analyst, Strategic Analytics
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
How You'll Make an Impact:
We are looking for a results-driven Business Analyst to support data-driven problem solving and decision making at ecobee. As a member of our Strategic Analytics team, you will have the opportunity to become a trusted advisor to our management team and will be responsible for partnering with business leaders to assess a wide variety of business problems, develop data-driven insights and design actionable solutions to improve our overall business performance.
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and will play a key role in providing strategic, operational, and financial decision support to business leaders across the organization. We are looking for a self-starter with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who can work with individuals and teams at all levels and across all parts of the organization.
In your role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Leverage a deep understanding of our key business drivers to identify, scope and propose specific value creation opportunities
- Work both collaboratively and independently and develop strategic playbook for new offerings, customer and channel segments, and business models
- Deliver end-to-end research and analytics to deliver actionable solutions to business problems and optimize business investments; balancing short and long term growth objectives
- Participate in the annual strategic planning cycle, including monthly/quarterly business review and forecasting, annual budgeting process, and long-range planning
- Create financial models and analysis to provide business leaders with insight into the key opportunities and risks that will influence our business strategy and investment decisions
- Enhance the analytical tool infrastructure and manage information systems to support the financial optimization and decision-making apparatus of the company
- Become a subject matter expert on specific business problems and position yourself as a trusted advisor to our management team and business leaders
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in Financial or Business Analysis role - e.g., Financial Analysis, Business Advisory, Management Consulting
- Critical thinker with an ability to break down complex problems and leverage data-driven insights to develop effective solutions to the key issues at stake
- Exceptional analytical and data modelling skills - excellent knowledge of key analytical tools and platforms (MS Excel, SiSense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Previous experience owning financial planning and analysis software systems (Workday Adaptive, Profix, etc.)
- Strong business and financial acumen (incl., financial statements analysis, financial modeling, ROI, NPV).
- Strong intellectual curiosity and deep desire to learn
- Self-motivated, and proactively assumes leadership and ownership of projects
- Ability to quickly synthesize qualitative and quantitative information, structure a concise and clear presentation of findings, and articulate recommendations to an executive audience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills - experience and confidence in presenting analysis and recommendations to both management and non-management levels
- Highly organized with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making ability
- Proven ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first round virtual interview with the Hiring Manager expect technical, behavioral, and situational questions
- A take home business case. We tend to give about 5 days to submit the take home
- The case presentation! A 1 hour virtual interview
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.