Customer Success Manager
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our energy team who believes in a cleaner energy future and wants to play a role in advancing that vision. You will work with a passionate group of Energy professionals that serve the largest Utilities in North America. Our current team is responsible for the ongoing account management of current and future clients, primarily focused on the North American Utility sector.
What makes a great Customer Success Manager is the desire to do all the little extras to support our clients while delivering a fantastic customer experience to our users.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- As the Customer Success Manager for the Utility Marketplace business, you will be the face of ecobee to our Utility Marketplace partners with the goal of maintaining a healthy business relationship that elevates ecobee’s contribution to their business while also achieving ecobee’s hardware and SaaS sales plan
- Collaborate with the ecobee Marketing team to identify opportunities for collaboration with Marketplace or Utility providers and prioritize marketing investments to attain sales plan
- Collaborate with Legal, Operations, Supply Chain and Finance to ensure that the business and partnerships are being managed effectively. Create and maintain budgets, inventory forecast, and promotional funding forecasts. Execute legal agreements with utility marketplace partners
- Work with tangential business leads to learn best practices and find opportunities for operational efficiencies. Identify and create a prioritized list of areas for improvement and execute a project plan that increases operational efficiencies and productivity
- Have deep understanding of the Utility Marketplace business such that you can make informed recommendations for investments (or divestments) that will provide incremental benefit to our existing business. Communicate and advocate the Utility Marketplace business internally to gain strategic alignment and resourcing
- Work with Utility Implementers to execute instant rebate opportunities on ecobee.com. Maintain rebate finder with updated rebate amounts on ecobee.com
- Represent ecobee’s values of planet positivity, innovation and integrity at Industry Conferences and Events and through day-to-day communications
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You’re an experienced Sales Professional with 3+ years of experience in Sales Support, Project and/or Account Management
- Experience with customer CRM tools (Netsuite, Salesforce) is an asset
- You have experience with the energy sector or in managing utility programs, and an understanding of clean technology
- You pride yourself on exceptional project management skills and the ability to multitask, including the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proven track record of working with cross functional groups and departments
- You like to think big picture and strategically while still being able to manage the day to day details
- Flexible, able to work in a fluid environment and willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done
- Strong written, organizational, communication and oral presentation skills
- Build and sustain strong internal/external business relationships
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background and credit check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- 3 rounds of virtual interviews with a cross-functional group of ecopeeps – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make a difference for the environment: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of a office-based, fully remote, or hybrid work environment. New team members working remotely, will have all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them, and we conduct our interviews and onboarding sessions primarily through video.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.