Revenue Accountant (1 Year Contract)
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who you'll be joining:
You’ll be joining an energetic group in the Finance Operations Team, which oversees Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables. We are a close and collaborative team, working together to ensure our finance operations run smoothly. We love to utilize each other's skills to solve problems and create efficiencies, and we have fun along the way. We are looking for a driven individual who is comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment to help keep our AP engine running!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
Our finance team is looking for a dedicated finance professional with an eye for detail and a commitment to excellence, ready to join a growing organization. You will be a key contributor to timely and accurate closing processes, relating to revenue recognition, product margin, accounts receivable and deferred revenue.
- Assist in the management of invoicing including online billing submission on customer portals, statement generation and responding to related queries
- Perform monthly revenue reconciliations of subscription billings and specific billing accounts as needed
- Assist departments with detailed schedules of invoices issued, payments received and amounts in arrears
- Assist in revenue and accounts receivable month-end tasks and audit requests
- Assist with providing guidance to various departments on how invoices should be processed
- Prepare reports and schedules and review the aged-trial balance on a monthly basis
- Liaise with departments on billings and participate in meetings with departments or customers as required
- Prepare and maintain documentation for revenue and collections procedures, and provide recommendations for improvements and corrections
- Provide support to finance team as required
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Ability to prepare, analyse and reconcile accounts receivable, monthly aged trial balances, customer reports and schedules
- Experience in invoicing customers and accounts receivable, with knowledge of collection procedures
- Basic understanding of taxes on billable revenue considered an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Being comfortable with NetSuite or any advanced ERP would be great!
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone call with a member of Talent Acquisition
- A first-round virtual interview: with Finance Operations Manager and Senior Director of Finance– expect technical, behavioural, and situational questions
- A second-round Interview: with Accounts Payable Manager and another member of the finance team – expect follow-up technical, behavioural and situational questions
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make a difference for the environment: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of a office-based, fully remote, or hybrid work environment. New team members working remotely, will have all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them, and we conduct our interviews and onboarding sessions primarily through video.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.