Director, Strategic Analytics
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
You will be leading our fantastic team of Strategic Analytics professionals reporting the CFO. You are a data guru and compassionate leader who uses their meticulous understanding of analytics and business strategy to help the organization make smarter decisions. Communication is one of your strengths, and you are comfortable presenting and promoting your recommendations in front of senior management. You are highly collaborative and consistently looking for ways to make an impact in all areas of the business. You have experience managing a successful team in a fast-paced environment.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Coach, mentor and grow the internal consulting practice at ecobee
- Build and promote our long-term strategic planning process while collaborating with the executive team
- Conceptualize and develop our end-to-end corporate strategy process from mapping competitive spaces / positions, triangulating our addressable markets, managing our strategic framework and augmenting our business model and long range plans
- Implement strategic plans by anchoring to our strategic framework working with business and functional groups in running our internal quarterly OKR process to push fulfillment of our strategic mandates
- Be a trusted partner with our business groups in data insights, consumer / market research, product and services evolution and deepen our understanding of the spaces, players and trends impacting our business
- Provide advice and guidance on corporate development opportunities
- Contribute to the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Drive to make business levers and data easily accessible and understood
- Develop reporting that is relevant and focused to ensure effective solutions
- Identify and recommend actionable insights to senior management
- Guide and mentor a dynamic team of strategists and business analysts
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Several years of management consulting / business advisory experience, MBA preferred
- An experienced people manager who manages with empathy and compassion
- Experience developing strategy (market identification, market mapping, strategic positioning, playbooks, research)
- Experience evaluating program performance across multiple domains
- Industry expertise in clean-tech, high-tech, consumer electronics, energy services and/or SAAS subscription-based sectors
- Ambitious individual who navigates by strategic theory backed by investment thesis and Return on Investment (ROI) as guiding principles
- A critical thinker with expert data modelling skills, who postulates and triangulates
- Strong financial and corporate finance acumen (financial statements, DCF, NPV, IRR)
- Proficient user of Microsoft PowerPoint / Excel /SQL (Tableau and SiSense are pluses)
- Exceptional communicator & consensus-builder
- Experience presenting complicated assessments to senior management
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholder requirements and input
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit balancing the need for both ideation and discipline
- You possess a collaborative and inclusive personality
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background and credit check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A first round virtual interview with a cross-functional group of ecopeeps – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions If your first-round interview goes well, – you'll then have a final interview with the Executive of the team
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?