Technical Support Specialist - Alberta
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who You'll Be Joining:
Our Technical Support team has a focus on providing the best customer experience by building trust and troubleshooting ecobee products. They use their problem-solving skills to help our Smart Owners optimize and restore comfort in their homes and are advocating for energy conservation to help build a sustainable future. They are a smart, curious, and empathetic team who strive to stand out from the crowd and consistently receive great reviews from our customers as a result. We are proud of our support team, and the reputation we have as a leading company in smart home technology is in large part attributed to their dedication to our customers.
We are committed to supporting our customers remotely and we focus on providing them with the help they need.
The shift details for the available position are listed below. This includes weekends and holidays as we are a 7 day/week operation. You’ll need to be flexible with your availability and your schedule will be based on business needs.
- Full time positions
- Individuals are assigned 5 shifts per week
- There will be 2 consecutive days off per week
- Start times may range from 9:30am MT to 1:30pm MT
We are currently only looking to hire people who live in the province of Alberta, but we will be accepting applications from other provinces later in 2023
How you’ll make an impact:
As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll be the first line of support at ecobee. You will work with our Smart Owner to diagnose and solve technical and non-technical issues through phone, email, and chat. We have a variety of smart home products and services and requests may be fairly technical at times. As an example, one day you maybe be assisting a Smart Owner with installing an ecobee device, and another day might be assisting a Smart Owner with software and energy inquires. As an advocate for energy conservation, you will also provide guidance, knowledge, and helping our Smart Owners setting up their devices to provide comfort and energy savings.
Not to worry! You will be provided with all the training, tools, and knowledge required to be able to provide a memorable experience to our Smart Owners.
What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Strong customer service experience is a must – whether your experience is in food service, hospitality, or retail, we are looking for individuals who can solve problems with our Smart Device Owner on the spot via phone, emails, or chat!
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across our various platforms; having a friendly and accessible communication style is what we’re all about!
- The aptitude and eagerness to learn and adapt to new technology, with a conceptual understanding of smarthome devices, home automation and virtual voice assistants
- What smart home devices have worked well for you? What virtual assistant do you use and how does it help with your daily task? We would love to hear about it!
- You’re able to efficiently listen to and document all our Smart Owner interactions on the spot
- If you have a passion for customer support, love learning, and appreciate a good challenge, this role might be just what you're looking for!
- A 30 minute phone call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- the last step in the process is a 1.5 hour virtual final interview.
- You will be asked to prepare and then present a 10-minute live demonstration on a topic of your choosing during the interview
- This will be followed by a Q&A where the interview will ask more questions about your skillset and history
- The last 20 minutes or so will be a task-oriented exercise where you will be asked to execute a few simple written instructions
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?