Full Stack Developer - Front End focus
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, head office (hybrid model of remote & in- office schedule). Flexibility in your hybrid schedule although some office presence will be required.
Job Status: Full-time, regular work-week; includes attractive compensation package with benefits, vacation, stock options
eleven-x has a world-renowned reputation as a global leader providing wireless, high-performance, IoT and Smart City solutions for cities, campuses, and enterprises. Customers rely on the company’s expertise to deliver comprehensive solutions that are easy-to-use, fully scalable to help reduce costs, drive additional revenues and most importantly, deliver better services.
eleven-x is currently transforming the parking experience through its industry leading parking technology offering eXactpark™, a sensor-based space occupancy monitoring solution and comprehensive software platform, which enables frictionless parking for drivers and parking managers.
We are in search of innovative Software Engineers to help us improve and expand the user experience of our eXactpark cloud solution. We pride ourselves on delivering best-in-class products with exceptional quality to our customers. You have a passion for impressing customers. You are self-driven but at the same time collaborative.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Create and optimize mockup designs to ensure an intuitive and efficient user experience
- Collaborate with backend developers for the seamless integration of Restful APIs and WebSocket communication
- Implement high-quality security measures for data encryption and decryption
- Participate in discussions to improve application performance and scalability
- Utilize statistics and advanced algorithm design to optimize front-end features
- Perform code reviews and contribute to team knowledge sharing and mentoring
- Participate in Agile/Scrum practices such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Conduct UI testing to identify and fix any issues or bugs
- Utilize testing tools like Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine to automate UI testing processes
- Effectively communicate with others
- A passion for doing things right with an urge to get things done
- You are a problem solver who loves a challenge
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proficient understanding of Mockup design, UI/UX principles, and WebSocket communication
- Familiarity with Restful APIs, data encoding/decoding, and encryption/decryption technologies
- Familiarity with front-end testing tools such as Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine
- Experience with Linux, Express, and Nginx
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics, data analysis, and advanced algorithm design
- Basic understanding of backend technologies like Laravel, Redis, MySQL, PHP, Python, and Message Queue
- Experience in using version control systems such as Git
- Proficient understanding of responsive design, cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS EC2, AWS RDS, and Firebase is a plus
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and package managers such as webpack, npm, etc.
- Experience with large-scale systems is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Team: We offer a dynamic and collaborative environment that allows our team members to bring their passion and perspectives to make an impact daily. Providing complete solutions means we are with our customers every step of the way, from device to wireless connectivity to data and applications software so there are plenty of opportunities to collaborate and make your mark.
Opportunity: While we’ve only been around for 9 years, we’ve gotten a lot accomplished in this short time! In addition to being recognized as a global leader in wireless connectivity and the Smart Parking leader in North America, we have a ton of paid pilots deployed. We are responsible for about a dozen North American IoT firsts, and we are just getting started.
eleven-“xtras”: At eleven-x, you’ll join a team where you’ll work with people who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful. We are proud of our company and we take care of our teammates by offering meaningful and challenging work, growth opportunities, stock options, team events and lunches, competitive wages, 4 weeks paid holidays per year, flexible hours, health benefits and socials where we relax and talk about things outside of the IoT world.
Be the next to join the “x”:
If this opportunity has caught your attention, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you should be the next to join the “x”; a leading Canadian innovator & Smart City Solutions provider.
If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are committed to building an inclusive organization. We believe that diversity of thought and background fosters innovation. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.