Information Security & IT Operations Lead (Remote)
*EventMobi is an all-remote company and this is a fully remote position. You will need to be able to work in PST<>EST time zones.
We’re looking for a Senior Information Security & IT Operations to lead and support the global EventMobi organization. In this role, you lead all aspects of EventMobi’s security and data privacy and protection, drive compliance projects and build our InfoSec Roadmap across the organization. You will help champion corporate best practices and key security initiatives including risk management, effective application security programs, policies and standards to fortify EventMobi’s commitment to assuring the trust of our customers and partners.
If this sounds like just the role you've been hoping for, please apply and tell us more about yourself!
EventMobi is an award winning tech startup with offices in Toronto, Berlin and Manila with thousands of clients across the globe. We believe live events (in-person or virtual) bring people together to enable change, for businesses and society at large. At EventMobi we have a huge impact on enabling success for events and their attendees. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their events and how attendees experience conferences and tradeshows.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
Strategy & Planning:
- Develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive security program and policies focused on ensuring the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of owned information that is controlled or processed.
- Design and implement an effective corporate-wide security awareness training program.
- Act as Point of Contact by engaging in ongoing communications with peers, senior IT management as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals.
IT Operation Management:
- Procuring and managing IT inventory (quoting, receiving goods, software management/license compliance, etc.) and update documentation.
- Managing and monitoring all end-user devices via MDM (i.e. Moysle, Maraki, Jamf or similar) and ensuring all devices are kept up to date.
- Owning and managing a suite of SaaS tools such as OneLogin, GSuite, MS Office, Slack, RingCentral and more as well as integrate new SaaS tools.
- Own Security in SDLC, Security Reviews, Vulnerability Scans, Code Analysis.
- Build and drive security roadmap items.
- Organize application Pen Testing and remediation process.
- Respond to Security questionnaires.
Privacy & Data Protection:
- Become the internal expert in GDPR, Privacy & Data Protection Laws and Regulations.
- Build and conduct internal Security & Privacy Policies, Training, Compliance.
- Act as our Data Protection Officer.
- Enforcement actions, investigations or litigation related to privacy or information security.
- Security Breaches, Security / Privacy Incident Response Program / Process / Policy.
- Documented procedure for responding to requests for customer data from regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement authorities and other third parties.
- Information Security & IT Operations LeadCreate and maintain documentation around Data Inventory and Classification.
- Create and maintain a Risk Register and conduct Risk Assessments.
- Lead certification efforts and audits around ISO, SOC etc.
- Maintain agreements and inventory of sub-processors (location, business purpose, data shared with, etc.)
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Certification or Bachelors degree in Engineering, IT, Information Security or similar fields
- Deep understanding of IT controls and IT audit methodologies
- Experience managing Governance, Risk and Compliance frameworks
- Have familiarity and experience with standards and compliance frameworks like ISO, CSA, SANS, OWASP, NIST, SSAE SOC, ITIL, etc. and strong regulatory and compliance knowledge of CCPA and GDP
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM EVENTMOBI
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help.
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options
- A great culture with much more along the way
REMOTE WORKSPACE REQUIREMENTS
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment - a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable ethernet connection of at least 30Mbps upload speed with a wired connection or reliable WiFi at home.
We're focused on building the most comprehensive & extensible event management platform to help planners create incredible event experiences. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, and we can have a huge impact on enabling success for events and their attendees. We've already changed how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and we're looking forward to influencing hundreds of thousands of future events.
EventMobi is a remote-first company with a distributed global workforce. We do have local offices in Toronto, Manila and Berlin but everyone is equal and communicates the same way regardless if you work from home or from the office. We are improving our working culture to be more asynchronous, with better documentation, goal setting and collaborative technologies for remote work. Being accountable for our work, along with effective planning and communication to deliver results is a critical aspect of our success as a remote-first company. We offer flexible work hours in local time zones and encourage healthy work life balance.
If you are interested in seeing EventMobi in action, check out some of the videos below:
- The Experience Manager Platform
- The EventMobi Mobile Event App
- 30mins Product Tour
- “The Nature of Events” - a fun video showcasing the EventMobi Team
- Top brands and organizations from around the world have used EventMobi’s event app technology to create incredible event experiences - hear directly from our customers.
EventMobi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
** No agencies and no recruiters, please.