IT Systems Administrator - Remote
EventMobi is an all-remote company and this is a fully remote position, open to all candidates with a focus in Pakistan, Brazil, Columbia and Argentina. You will need to be able to work in EST time zones.
Step into the shoes of an IT Systems Administrator, where every day is a journey through the digital infrastructure that powers our business. As the guardian of our IT hardware and software , you’ll engage in the full lifecycle: from procuring the latest tech and software, managing licenses, to ensuring that every piece of equipment is documented and up to date. You'll be the maestro orchestrating our extensive suite of SaaS tools, always on the lookout to uncover new updates and train staff to best utilize our office tools.
You won’t just be working behind the scenes. Dive into action as you spearhead key IT projects, ensuring smooth software implementations and seamless system migrations. But that's not all – you'll be the frontline responder to all IT support tickets, always ready to solve the tech challenges our employees face.
Your role is pivotal in ensuring that everyone from new hires to seasoned pros have the tools they need. Whether it's onboarding newcomers or offboarding those moving on, you make sure transitions are as smooth as the latest OS update.
Beyond the tech, you'll be the architect of our IT operating procedures, always aiming to make them as user-friendly as possible. And with an ever-watchful eye on the horizon, you'll continuously research and recommend innovations that push our company to new heights of efficiency.
If this sounds like just the role you've been hoping for, please apply and tell us more about yourself!
EventMobi is an award winning tech startup with offices in Toronto, Berlin and Manila with thousands of clients across the globe. We believe live events (in-person or virtual) bring people together to enable change, for businesses and society at large. At EventMobi we have a huge impact on enabling success for events and their attendees. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their events and how attendees experience conferences and tradeshows.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
- Procuring and managing IT inventory (quoting, receiving goods, software management/license compliance, etc.) and update documentation
- Managing and monitoring all end-user devices via MDM (i.e. Moysle, Jamf or similar) for both Mac and Windows as well as ensuring all devices are kept up to date
- Owning and managing a suite of SaaS tools such as OneLogin, GSuite, MS Office, Slack, RingCentral and more as well as integrate new SaaS tools
- Oversee IT projects including software implementations and system migrations
- Responding to IT support tickets and questions to address employee needs
- Ensuring all employees have the hardware, tools and access to services that they require to do their work
- Onboarding and Offboarding employees from tools and services
- Solving problems that occur with employee devices in Windows and macOS operating systems
- Standardize, document and roll out corporate operating procedures and policies
- Research and propose solutions to drive efficiencies within the organization
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 3+ years in IT admin or IT support role as a leader or an integral part of a larger team
- 3+ years of General Help Desk, company operations support or related work experience
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and attention to detail
- Proactive, autonomous and have a sense of initiative and responsibility
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Desire and ability to teach, tinker, experiment and learn topics quickly
- Certification or Bachelors degree in Engineering, IT, Information Security or similar fields
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience with software development / scripting (i.e Python)
- Experience or interest in DevOps and AWS
- Understanding of Information Security
- Familiarity of IT controls and or (i.e SOC2, ISO)
- Understanding of IT controls and / or Governance, Risk and Compliance frameworks
- Experience with domain name / DNS / SMTP and networking
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM EVENTMOBI
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options
- A great culture with much more along the way
REMOTE WORKSPACE REQUIREMENTS
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment - a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable ethernet connection of at least 30Mbps upload speed with a wired connection or reliable WiFi at home.
We're focused on building the most comprehensive & extensible event management platform to help planners create incredible event experiences. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, and we can have a huge impact on enabling success for events and their attendees. We've already changed how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and we're looking forward to influencing hundreds of thousands of future events.
If you are interested in seeing EventMobi in action, check out some of the videos below:
- The Experience Manager Platform
- The EventMobi Mobile Event App
- 30mins Product Tour
- “The Nature of Events” - a fun video showcasing the EventMobi Team
- Top brands and organizations from around the world have used EventMobi’s event app technology to create incredible event experiences - hear directly from our customers.
EventMobi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
** No agencies and no recruiters, please.