Analyst (SQL, Testing)
Flexiti is one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech lenders. We aim to make our customers’ lives more affordable and help our retail partners grow their sales by offering flexible financing options. Through our award-winning omni-channel platform, customers can be approved instantly to shop with their FlexitiCard®, which they can use online or in-store to make multiple purchases, within their credit limit, without needing to reapply.
At Flexiti, we work hard, we love what we do, and we have some fun along the way! If you are looking for an energizing and innovative work environment with great people and big ideas, we’d love to have you join us! To learn more about Flexiti, please visit www.flexiti.com.
Flexiti Financial is looking for a Analyst role with the primary focus on testing and monitoring credit risk strategies. Supporting the Director, Credit Risk management, the Analyst will leverage data and analytics to develop and implement adjudication for Flexiti’s portfolio. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and executing testing activities to ensure high-quality, application delivery into production. This position requires high attention to detail, sound judgment in execution of credit strategies, superior analytical skills and exceptional communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in analysis, and testing strategies in the financial services industry.
- Test and monitor strategies for the adjudication of unsecured lending products.
- Proven experience using SQL to perform queries to analyze, extract and validate data.
- Experience working with Selenium, Jmeter, Postman an asset.
- Experience working on decision platforms used for adjudication/underwriting preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively analyze and interpret large amounts of raw data.
- Support automated credit adjudication through improved procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test case development, and test execution.
- Define and document specific testing processes and procedures to ensure consistent testing methodology is in place.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues of a complex nature and effectively communicate them to the team to get to resolution.
- Strong working knowledge in presenting quantitative data via Excel required
- Produce deliverables accurately and on time with minimal supervision.
- Work with a broad range of stakeholders including those in Risk Management, Software Development, QA, UAT, PM, Product Management and Operations.
- Someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty; but is happy to work independently
- Excellent communicator with strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively and concisely present key findings to team members.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to draw conclusions and provide explanations and make recommendations based on analysis
- Strong work ethic, curious and persistent determination in reviewing and reconciling variances
- Ability to adjust to a fluctuating workload, changing priorities and aggressive deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented and can initiate proactively
- Desire to take full ownership of deliverables and be accountable for results
- Ability to produce deliverables accurately and on time with minimal supervision
- Willingness and ability to document procedures for producing deliverables
What We Offer
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- An opportunity to be a part of an award winning and fast growing company
- An innovative culture that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- A dynamic team and working environment that provides ongoing support