Vice President of Engineering
Who We Are
FlexPay is the first to market and global leader in failed payment recovery. Our outstanding success is built upon a solid foundation of exceptional culture, adherence to our values, and an innovative AI-driven approach to solving this trillion-dollar problem. Our leading Payment Authorization Management solution helps subscription businesses accelerate revenue and profit growth by recovering failed payments, which is the single largest cause of customer churn.
We’re a maturing, institution-backed Fintech SaaS, solving one of the biggest problems faced by merchants. The veteran management team of serial entrepreneurs is supported by a board filled with industry leaders. Our ambition is to redefine payments and in doing so become more than just the next great unicorn, but to become a key element of the infrastructure that makes our world’s economy hum.
We’re a dynamic, welcoming company that strives to hire the best and brightest people. If you are looking for a place to invest your passion, then keep reading!
What The Role Looks Like
As VP of Engineering, you will be at the forefront of driving our technology team towards a common goal while upholding a culture of collaboration and transparency. You will inspire and guide a talented group to achieve their full potential and deliver outstanding results.
A day in the life of this position includes:
- Overseeing the day-to-day work of the Development and DevOps team, ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality outputs that align with the company’s objectives.
- Ensuring the product vision is executed through leadership and collaboration.
- Acting as a conduit between the technology team and executive leadership, ensuring concerns and limitations of the technology team are understood and expectations of non-technical stakeholders are managed.
- Establishing and upholding best practices and development methodologies.
- Working closely with the product management team to prioritize features and functionalities.
- Building and manage a high-performing technology team. Participating in the recruitment, hiring, development and retaining of top talent.
- Providing mentorship, coaching and professional development opportunities for the technology team.
- Staying up to date with latest industry trends and technological advancements, encouraging innovation and adoption of cutting-edge technologies to keep FlexPay competitive.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure alignment and coordination in achieving company goals. Addressing technical challenges or requirements from various stakeholders.
- Planning and managing the technical infrastructure required to support the company’s growth. Ensuring the systems and architecture can scale effectively as our client base expands.
- Identifying and mitigating technical risks that could impact development and implementing contingency plans to address potential disruptions and working to ensure the continuity and governance of internal tools.
- Managing the technology budget, optimizing resource allocation and expenses, along with vendor contract management.
- Communicating complex technical concepts in a clear and accessible manner to non-technical stakeholders.
Who We’re Looking For
You are a driven and experienced technology leader who thrives on fostering a collaborative and motivated environment. You prefer to lead with a collaborative approach, promoting teamwork, respect, and open communication. You encourage a culture of sharing ideas and solutions and empowering team members to take ownership of their tasks. You have experience shaping the technical direction of a company and ensuring the successful development and delivery of innovative products using your technical expertise, strategic vision and effective management skills.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5-10 years of experience leading technical teams with a collaborative and supportive approach.
- 5+ years’ experience using technology best practices to drive efficiencies in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years’ experience overseeing infrastructure and technical strategy as part of a leadership team.
- 5+ years of people management, with some experience doing so in a fully remote environment.
- Experience within FinTech, ensuring compliance with industry regulations while driving innovation, with an understanding of the unique challenges and requirements of the industry including financial regulations, security and compliance standards and the complexities of financial transactions and data management.
- Working experience with and understanding of financial regulations and compliance standards that impact the FinTech industry (GDPR, PCI-DSS).
- Experience identifying and managing technical risks in a highly regulated environment.
- Hands on experience with various programming languages, development frameworks and development methodologies.
- Extensive experience working within MS cloud services, and Power BI reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of Dev work with the ability to convey its significance to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience strategically growing technology teams, determining both current and future needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and maintain motivation.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities to navigate complex challenges.
- Outside of the box thinking, someone who is not afraid to ask questions and look for new/different solutions.
What We Offer
We’re a quickly growing global company committed to building a team filled with diver cultures, viewpoints, and experiences. As they say, variety is the spice of life. No matter how large we become, we will always be connected through our shared sense of community and slightly quirky personalities.
Our vibrant culture is filled with talented, creative, deeply curious, high achievers. We believe in and invest in our people because we know they are the secret to our success. We are happy to extend the following benefits to our employees:
- Unlimited paid time off
- 100% remote work
- Flexible hours
- Comprehensive health benefits package effective from day one
- Support for continuous learning and development
FlexPay is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.