Department: Research and Development
Location: 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Salary: Based on level of experience
Geneseeq is a health solutions company that specializes in personalized cancer care and aims to provide treatment solutions based on the comprehensive analyses of patients’ genomic profile. The company is translating scientific knowledge into the well-being of the patients. Its mission is to bring precision cancer care to patients through the combination of next-generation sequencing (NGS) and up-to-date cancer knowledge base. Geneseeq is currently headquartered both in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and Nanjing, Jiangsu, China, with more than 1500 employees.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and experienced Research Scientist in the Department of Research and Development. The successful candidate will participate in a variety of basic and applied cutting-edge research in the area of molecular biology, cancer biology, cancer genomics and clinical oncology.
- New product framework design and development;
- Addresses optimization challenges for current pipelines and workflows;
- Discovery research project initiation and execution;
- Conducts in-depth analysis of genomic profiling and clinical data;
- Performs literature reviews, and drafts scientific publications and grant proposals;
- Prepares conference abstracts, posters and presentations;
- Provides scientific support and expert knowledge of products to customers and research collaborators;
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD with over 7 years of research experience in molecular biology, cancer biology, genomics or immunology field;
- At least 2 years of working experience or post-doctoral training; Industrial experience is an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of tumor biology, signal transduction pathways, genomics and biostatistics;
- Excellent publication track record with at least one first author paper in peer-reviewed international journals;
- Leads and supervises research projects with a high degree of independence and effective multi-tasking skills;
- Great written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin to interact with collaboration partners both internally and externally;
- Excellent organization and time management skills in a collaborative team environment;
- Experience in next-generation sequencing is an asset;
- Experience in bioinformatic analysis or R program is an asset;
- Knowledge of clinical oncology is an asset.
Only candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
Something looks off?