GHGSat is mapping and tracking the world's greenhouse gas (GHG) emitters. To accomplish this goal GHGSat operates its own satellite and aircraft sensors to collect emissions data, and uses these with third-party data to inform an analytics pipeline that:
- Identifies and classifies potential GHG emitters
- Detects and quantifies GHG emissions
- Generates valuable insights for our customers
The successful candidate will be a thought leader in the organization and will drive research and development on analytics algorithms behind GHGSat’s analytics products. This includes optimization and validation of existing products, plus conception, design and prototyping of new ones. Opportunities to publish scientific papers and present results at conferences are possible.
This role will be based out of London, UK.
- Design and prototype algorithms to glean insights on GHG emissions from a variety of data – satellite and terrestrial, public and proprietary.
- Verification and validation.
- Identify, provide guidance and direction on new sources of data, algorithm design and technology that assimilates data from new sources.
- Provide high attention to detail with ability to manage and resolve multiple priorities, project complexities and uncertainties.
- Keep abreast of new data sources, technology trends, designs, and market opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and critical, bold thinking in all situations.
- In-depth experience with one or more of the following
- Inverse modelling techniques
- Retrievals of gas composition from remote sensing platforms
- Data assimilation methods, preferably in atmospheric science
- Analytics using satellite data
- Chemical transport models such as GEOS-CHEM
- Data science and statistical learning
- Proven experience as a leader on technical projects
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in atmospheric science, applied mathematics or similar
- Must be a UK resident with valid work authorization.
GHGSat offers a creative and highly motivating work environment. We offer competitive salaries, health and social benefits including flex time and continuing development. We are an open and transparent company, and we are committed to preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please submit your application via LinkedIn including a cover letter and résumé. Only selected candidates will be contacted.