Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
#paid is a creator marketing platform that sits at the intersection of brand and creator collaboration. We help direct-to-consumer and Fortune 500 brands like Infiniti, TJX, Unilever, and Sephora, activate creators to drive growth.
We are building the platform of record that powers content creation and distribution for brands globally. The better we do that, the better we can serve our creator community and provide them with the best place on earth to do what they love—create.
We want to #paid to be a place where marketers and creators come for educational and entertaining content of all formats. We need a strong writer and editor to develop valuable content, build our content production engine, and build a strategic distribution plan.
If you're successful:
- People will consume what you create, and they’ll come back to our site and social accounts to enjoy more
- They’ll also share your work with their networks
- Industry leaders will start including your articles in their newsletters organically, and inviting you to their live events and podcasts to talk about everything you’ve builth
- Our Sales team will want to share your content with their prospects and customers
- We’ll see an increase in newsletter subscriptions, follower counts, and return visitors
- We’ll see a steady increase in return visitors
- We’ll see increasing attendance to live virtual events and webinars
- No matter the content type, format, or channel, we’ll look and sound the same—people will know what to expect from our brand
To get to this point, you'll need to do these things:
- Understand marketers and brands at enterprise companies, and what makes people want to consume a piece of content or social post
- Think about how content can be a competitive advantage to our business
- Determine what topics, formats, and channels will best reach our audience
- Source news and insights about creator marketing (internally, but also from other thought leaders and experts) and package them into industry-defining articles and reports
- Build an efficient production process in-house that incorporates AI technology
- Maximize the use of every asset so that you increase its value
- Create distribution plans that prioritize channels that get our content in front of the most amount of in-target people
- Work with our events and creator initiatives team to build content and showcase our event experience on social channels
- Help build our brand, and infuse it into everything we do
- Have a creative marketing mind that doesn’t execute an idea because it was done before—forge new paths!
- It goes without saying, but you’ll need hawk eyes to make sure we’re publishing content that is free from spelling mistakes, has proper grammar, and aligns with our tone of voice
You're perfect for the role if you:
- Are always looking for topic inspiration in the world around you
- Follow industry leaders and are always up to date on breaking news
- Can point to other incredible content and media producers, understand what makes them great, and build a plan to do it at #paid
- Know how to build content
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to adapt to the tone of voice guidelines
- Are familiar with trends in social and content creation
- Have an understanding of SEO, and how to incorporate it into content
- The capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
- Can communicate your ideas and plans well—written and verbal
- You can built enthusiasm across the org for the work you’re doing
- You can listen and respond to feedback from the team
- You don’t settle for the easiest idea that comes to mind
These aren't necessary, but valuable:
- You know how to work in Webflow
- You understand different media formats like video, audio, image, social, etc.
- You understand graphic design, and maybe even dabble in adobe, figma, or canva yourself
- You understand SEO
- You understand social media management and can include that team in your planning and thinking
Why Choose #paid?
- We are a group of passionate and thoughtful people working together to fundamentally change the way brands are built, while empowering creators to make a living doing what they love
- We are growing quickly! Plus, #paid is the second-highest-rated platform on the popular G2 Crowd software review website
- We have all the fun perks you’d expect—flexible vacation policy, competitive vision, dental, and health benefits, team lunches, and socials (yes, even remotely!)
- We are proud of our culture and care about it deeply—we live by our team values and are always trying to make #paid a better company today than it was yesterday
- We encourage learning, growth, continuous improvement, and provide the freedom to experiment
Equal Employment Opportunity
#paid is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.