Customer Success Specialist (Onboarding)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
About HiMama and Our Mission:
HiMama is improving learning outcomes for children aged zero to five. We are a social purpose business and certified B Corporation that connects families with the early childhood professionals who serve them. Our goal is to empower early childhood educators with affordable tools that enable them to improve developmental outcomes for the children they work with, while educating parents about the importance of their work. If you are excited about being part of a high-growth tech company focused on making a difference in a highly impactful industry, HiMama is the place for you!
We're on the hunt for enthusiastic individuals with a can-do attitude who want to be a part of a fast-paced, work-hard, start-up environment. At HiMama we celebrate wins, make positive change in the world, and have fun with friends all at the same time, every day.
The Customer Success (CS) Team
CS at HiMama is a close-knit team of busybodies who are driven to find a way to make every customer successful, so help us! This includes influencing product and marketing decisions, problem-solving, and a whole lot of persuasion. Every day is a new challenge and every team member has a lot of responsibility, but we work closely together to ensure everyone is kicking butt in their role.
Customer Success Specialist (Onboarding)
You should enjoy interacting with customers over the phone and checking items off your to-do list. The Customer Success Specialist role will focus on onboarding new customers towards a successful launch of our program but given the nature of our fast-paced environment you will be helping out in other aspects of the CS team. And you should be excited by a busy schedule and seat-of-your-pants challenges.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Directing new customers to a successful launch on our program
- Managing customer relationships via phone and other channels, with a focus on getting the customer fully on-boarded
- Acting as a consultant to help child care Directors plan their implementation and training of HiMama
- Supporting, troubleshooting and solving customer problems, when needed
- Recommending and implementing the product, process, and policy improvements
- Engaging in extra initiatives across the organization - contributing valuable insights and actively participating in cross-functional enhancements
- Ensuring the customer has an amazing HiMama experience!
What You Bring to the Team:
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Tech-savvy with the ability to navigate apps and software
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Active listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships and connect with people quickly
- Ability to de-escalate and manage difficult situations and conversations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Metrics focused with the ability to take the initiative to meet individual and team goals month over month
- A strong team mindset with the willingness to support others as required
- Propensity to always want to learn and improve
- Experience working in a customer-facing role an asset
- Proactive initiative and an eagerness for personal and professional growth
- You consistently strive to create meaningful impact and value within the team and for our customers
- Previous experience working in the early childhood education sector is a bonus!
Don’t have all the requirements but convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you!
• Flexible working arrangements, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office or work remotely
• Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision
• Paid time off, including vacation, personal days, paid sick days, and paid volunteer days
• Opportunities for learning, mentorship and professional development
• Ongoing team-wide and company-wide virtual social activities and success celebrations
HiMama is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. If you require accommodations at any step of the application or interview process, please indicate so under the "Accommodations Question" box on your application. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: alternative methods of communication, providing a detailed “what to expect”, or modified testing. Please note this list is not exhaustive and we are more than happy to discuss other accommodations as required. If you have questions about HiMama's accommodation process, connect with us at email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are central to HiMama's core values. HiMama aims to ensure we provide a safe environment for everyone to thrive while bringing their authentic selves to work. Our mission is to promote an inclusive work space for all employees through Education, Discussion, and Celebration of our differences. Embracing these differences while coming together with a common purpose is what makes our team extra special. Our focus on inclusion and belonging is activated in the day-to-day culture at HiMama through our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBS) committee, our bi-weekly DIBS discussions, DIBS Slack community, D&I training and education, volunteer days, donation matching, and more.