Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (PHP/Laravel)
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Our Engineering team is looking for a strong Full Stack Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for building new, highly scalable and robust systems. As a Senior Software Engineer on our HR & Benefit side, you will be an integral part of the engineering team as you’ll be a part of a new squad where there is plenty of ownership and be in a position to deliver value to our customers by shipping new features and helping our platform scale.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage, and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you do as a Senior Software Engineer (PHP/Laravel)?
From day one, you will be working with a new squad consisting of seasoned Software Engineers on the HR & Benefit side; and collaborating with various technical teams within Humi to deliver on new capabilities, tooling, and exciting initiatives.
As a Senior Software Engineer within the team, you will help us scale, and mentor the junior engineers. Your work will have a direct impact on building a world-class all-in-one HR platform.
In your first 30 days, you will focus on learning:
- Participate in Humi’s immersive onboarding program to learn about all aspects of the business while meeting with cross-functional collaborators
- Work with your manager to build out tailored goals and an education plan in place to set you in the right direction for the upcoming quarter
- Deep dive into your squad's problem space and start becoming familiar with the many areas that compose HR, like Time Off, Document Signing, and Recruiting
In your first 60 days, you will focus on collaborating:
- Take full ownership of small features and quick wins within your squad, from scoping to implementation
- Help more intermediate developers with code design and decision making
- Contribute to the Engineering team's culture, processes, and best practices
In your first 90 days, you will take initiative:
- Start assuming more autonomy and finding small ways to practice ownership across the platform
- Work closely with your Manager to explore goals for the rest of the year
- Deep dive on other parts of the application outside of the squad's main responsibilities
What are we looking for in a Senior Software Engineer (PHP)?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with PHP and the Laravel framework
- Proven experience in designing, building, and maintaining large-scale SaaS applications
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles and design patterns
- Extensive experience in writing and maintaining automated tests, including unit, integration, and functional tests
- Familiarity with RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as knowledge of database optimization and performance tuning
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in an agile development environment
- A desire to help our team continuously improve
Why join Humi?
- As a team that services the HR world, we are a team that understands you perform best in an environment that cares about their employees
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem solving
- Access leadership and growth opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Maintain work-life engagement with flex hours and our Long(er) weekends initiative
- Opportunity to work fully remote across Canada if you choose to
Please note that all successful candidates will only receive offers through the Humi platform and we do not issue offers outside of our platform. We do not make any offers of employment via social media. Please see our resource library for the best ways to detect fraud and fraudulent activity.
See more open positions at Humi
Something looks off?