NPI Characterization Scientist
Ionomr Innovations Inc.
Ionomr Innovations Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to it’s 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award. To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a . The position will be based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the Principal Scientist of NPI Characterization to verify and test concepts for the more effective integration of AemionTM and PemionTM membrane and polymers into electrochemical devices, with a heavy emphasis on water and CO2 electrolyzers
- Performing industrial standard tests on our current and next-generation polymer and polymer membranes for electrolysis application
- Following written procedures for conducting laboratory testing and assisting in revising and maintaining of standard operating procedures
- Operating, calibrating and maintaining a range of chemical instruments and tools
- Meeting laboratory safety, labeling, laboratory hygiene and housekeeping requirements
- Assisting in the development of new tests and test methods
- Strictly adhering to standard practices related to quality control best practices
- Technical Report writing
Required Qualifications for the position are:
- A minimum BSc in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science preferably in an area of electrochemistry
- Experience with electrochemical process and/or electrochemical characterization
- Working experience in a laboratory environment
- Proven ability to plan and manage own activities to deliver on schedule
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate complex technology issues in a clear, concise manner in a Team environment. Written and oral communication skills are critical
- Highly motivated, with interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment
- Working experience in industry is preferred
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Something looks off?