Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 21 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We are investing heavily to deliver the best products to our customers and build the most advanced small satellites out there. We are looking for an Aerospace Technician who wants to be part of our engagement-focused team. Applicant must be an organized self-starter with a passion for quality craftsmanship.
You will be part of a team building our constellation of space satellites. You will play a critical role and bring a high standard of workmanship to help ensure conformity to our standards and to achieve optimal performance of all flight hardware. You will be challenged daily and will need to adapt quickly to help us achieve our team’s objectives. You will be focused on integration, soldering, and harness assembly on our next generation of flight spacecraft.
- Mechanical and Electrical assembly of PCBAs into chassis.
- Wire harnessing and semi-rigid harness forming.
- Soldering and de-soldering of through-hole and SMT components.
- Adhesive and epoxy application (conformal coat, masking, staking).
- PCBA inspection and rework.
- Subsystem (including electro-mechanical assembly) build and test.
- Satellite assembly and integrated test support.
- Quality control awareness in a team environment.
- Component, assembly, and satellite design support for process improvement.
- Diploma or Certificate in Electronics Technology or similar program.
- 2-5 years of soldering experience.
- IPC, J-standard soldering certificate or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience using mechanical hand tools.
- Experience with harness/wire repair (splicing, crimping, stripping, etc.).
- Experience working in a high-tech environment.
- Experience working within an ESD controlled environment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed technical documents and instructions (schematics, mechanical drawings, wire diagrams, PCB layout).
- Understanding of GD&T symbols and standards.
- Have exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on integrated circuits and PCBAs.
- Experience with QC inspection practices, MIL, or industry quality standards.
- High attention to detail and concentration on tasks.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment.
- Experience in the aerospace industry.
- An understanding of the theory behind power, digital, and analog circuits.
- Familiarity with RF connectors, cables, and test equipment.
- Knowledge of safe fabrication practices, milling machine and drill press.
- ERP familiarity, for example, NetSuite.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment, managing a variety of changing tasks.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.