Cybersecurity Operations Lead
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Security and IT, you will be responsible for leading our security operations and cyber defence. This is a hands-on, highly visible, dynamic position that requires detection and response and security operations experience. You will be working with security operations center and threat intelligence tools and help build a scalable threat intelligence program. You will be working closely with IT and engineering teams on resolving security incidents and issues to completion.
What You'll Do
- Triage and investigate potential security incidents from the SOC
- Respond to security related issues for cloud and endpoint
- Build cyber defense capabilities and playbooks for security incidents
- Develop and participate in security incident tabletop exercises
- Work closely with IT on resolving endpoint security issues and escalations
- Participate in governance risk and compliance initiatives
- Perform threat hunting and threat intelligence activities including dark web monitoring and domain takedowns
- Coordinate with annual penetration and red teaming exercises
- Review and manage submissions from the bug bounty program
Who You Are
- You’ll need at least 5 years total experience and at least 2 years working in a Security Operations Center or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cloud security, specifically AWS
- Extensive experience with zero-trust network architecture
- Previous experience with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Previous experience as an IT or security analyst helpful
- Experience with PCI, ISO27001, and NIST
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IS, Security, or Engineering
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CEH, GIAC, and OSCP preferred
- Experience working in credit, banking, payment card processing and/or finance preferred
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• 🧘♂️ Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up
• 💻 Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• 🆙 Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget
• 🥅 Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• 🙌 The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
• 🤝 Be an Owner - Every KOHO employee gets a generous amount of equity with a 10 year exercise window
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
See more open positions at KOHO Financial
Something looks off?