Senior Designer, Brand
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. We first launched in 2017, and we have since built a community of over 1 million users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 250 employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Brand Designer to join our team for a role to work remotely based in Canada. In your role, you will be expected to have an extensive understanding of design principles, marketing concepts, and branding strategies. You will be responsible for leading the brand design initiatives and collaborating with other teams to create compelling visual campaigns that drive brand awareness, customer engagement, and sales. The brand guidelines you develop will be implemented across all touch points of the brand including marketing, advertising, social, and product design.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing brand guidelines and design systems: You will be responsible for developing and maintaining brand guidelines and design systems to ensure consistency across all company initiatives, marketing channels, and materials. You can see the big picture and execute on the small details.
- Designing and executing marketing campaigns: You will be responsible for creating and executing marketing campaigns for your company or organization. You may be expected to design visual assets such as web banners, social media graphics, email templates, and more.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams: You will be expected to work closely with other departments such as marketing and product to ensure the company’s initiatives align with the overall marketing strategy and brand guidelines. You will balance the needs and timelines of partner teams in order to ship high quality work on changing timelines.
- Mentoring junior designers: You may be responsible for managing and mentoring junior designers in your team, providing feedback, and ensuring the quality of their work.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: It's essential to stay current with design trends and marketing techniques to remain competitive in your field. You may be expected to attend industry events, conferences, and workshops to learn about the latest trends and techniques.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in brand design and marketing, preferably in the fintech industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in design, marketing, or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates experience developing and executing on brand initiatives across multiple channels
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers
- Strong understanding of branding, typography, color theory, and design principles
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.