Senior Product Designer
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. We first launched in 2017, and we have since built a community of over 1 million users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 250 employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Design you will play a key role in shaping the design and user experience of KOHO products. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the direction and success of our products.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will contribute to the strategic planning of products by understanding user needs, market trends, and business goals.
- You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to define product visions, roadmaps, and feature sets that align with user and business objectives.
- You will lead and participate in user research activities, such as user interviews, usability testing, and surveys.
- You will analyze and synthesize research findings to develop insights into user behavior, pain points, and preferences, which inform the design process and business strategy.
- You will champion a user-centered design approach, ensuring that the end-users' needs and goals are at the forefront of the design process.
- You will create intuitive and engaging user experiences by applying user-centered design methodologies, such as personas, user flows, wireframing, prototyping, and iterative design.
- You will apply a strong understanding of user interface and experience design to build simple, fun, and useful product experiences that help Canadians build credit, save and earn more money, and make more responsible financial decisions.
- You will use your expertise in UI patterns, typography, colour, design systems, and accessibility to create consistent and scalable designs.
- You will provide design leadership within the team and the organization.
- You will guide and mentor more junior designers, fostering a positive & ego-free design culture that advocates for best design principles and practices.
- You will bring your experience and sense of best practices to help improve not only the product but the processes by which we collaborate, create, and launch new features.
- You will co-own and maintain design systems, style guides, and UI component libraries.
- You will ensure consistency across all platforms, enabling scalability, efficiency, and a cohesive user experience.
Product Strategy & Planning:
User Research & Analysis:
Who You Are
- A highly skilled UI/UX designer with an eye for detail
- A collaborative, curious team player who can build relationships and respectfully challenge assumptions
- A leader who balances business and user goals to create delightful experiences that bring value to both users and KOHO
- A communicative leader with a growth mindset who is passionate about KOHO’s mission to empower the next generation of Canadians with strong financial habits for success
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.