Commercial Associate / Manager
The Commercial role will assume a key role in acquiring and managing key customer (battery supply) accounts for the company, with a focus on the Korean market.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our team in this role with experience in business development and account management in a B2B environment.
Lead business development engagement efforts and account management of OEM batteries across Korean Market.
- Identify and collaborate with a strong Korea partner to break into Korean tight-knitted ecosystem of OEM/cell makers/aggregators/recyclers/players in the LIB value chain
- Owns the Li-Cycle customer interface with battery cell makers and auto OEM’s to achieve the organization’s short and long term business goals in the area
- Leverage and expand existing contact bases to develop new customers in specified regions and/or verticals that could supply batteries to Li-Cycle.
- Develop and maintain account plans for key strategic accounts, through deep understanding of customer value chain and their long-term development plan and competence.
- Successfully negotiate, implement and secure current and new business opportunities.
- Build and maintain key customer relationships at various senior management levels and throughout new and existing customer organizations (high, wide and deep).
- Partnering with global, local and functional teams to deliver and modify the value proposition designed for customer and ultimately bring balanced and profitable growth.
- Keep informed about the industry trend, customer insight, and technology developments; communicate these findings properly through different channel so to enhance the total offer for the key accounts and secure internal resources.
- Manage existing customer accounts to maintain high degree of customer satisfaction and maintain repeat business.
- Manage the process of the completion of all necessary contract documentation including one-time service agreements, master service agreements, vendor setup documentation, and billing for specified accounts
- Ensure all the business activities conform to Li-Cycle’s code of conduct, country legislative requirements as well as our Health, Safety and Environment policies.
Support additional Business Development work streams as needed:
- Support Battery Supply team in other work streams as required:
- Market analysis and intelligence
- Process and tool development for streamlining business development
- Strategy development
- People management
- University Degree in Business, Economics or Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development and customer management
- 5-10 years of experience in automotive, recycling, or battery industry preferred
- Ability to travel within APAC to visit customer and attend conferences etc.
- Proven experience negotiating and closing supply agreements
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy