Reporting to the Executive Program Manager, the Program Manager will be primarily responsible for all aspects of early-stage engineering of technology projects at Li-Cycle Spoke facilities, including project start-up, project management, preparation and monitoring of project budgets and schedules, and oversight of consultants and internal project team(s). The Program Manager will be responsible for executing small to medium scale execution projects for new Li-Cycle facilities.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Oversee the work performance of external service providers ensuring the work completed meets company standards
- Independently manage multiple activities at different locations and organize work to meet deadlines
- Complete overall project planning, direction, and guidance
- Manage funding, schedules, project scope requirements, project deliverables, etc.
- Conduct project communication meetings, presentations and complete the associated documentation
- Lead and mentor, as required, all project team members
- Ensure that expenditures are maintained within the budgetary limits
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or a related field
- 5 years of work experience in project management with a focus in engineering
- Prior consulting experience in project management and engineering project execution
- Skills and ability to lead and mentor all project team members
- Ability to estimate project resource requirements and staff to appropriate levels
- Ability to independently manage multiple activities at different locations and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.