Strategic Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is the #1 highest-rated RFP Response solution on the market used by over 1,300 incredible companies like American Express, DropBox, IBM, and Slack. We help companies streamline their response process for RFPs, DDQs, and Security Questionnaires.
Our success as a company has been built on solving a critical challenge for our customers, our amazing product, and our team of talented and passionate Loopers. We’re scaling quickly, and so is our ambition. Our next stage of growth will be our most ambitious yet, and we need even more strategic finance expertise to make it happen.
We’re looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to help drive our revenue planning and forecasting, while owning the Finance relationship with our Sales, Customer Experience, and Marketing teams (the go-to-market or GTM organization). You will be directly partnering with GTM leaders to make timely, data-driven decisions about operational plans and growth initiatives. You will also work closely on a variety of strategic initiatives that impact the entire company. The role will report to the Senior Director.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist with the annual budgeting process, quarterly re-forecasting, and long range planning
- Own all GTM financial and operational modeling
- Act as the trusted finance business partner for GTM leadership on budget guidance, performance management, decision support
- Bring the finance lens to help the organization evaluate the ROI on new initiatives (e.g. pricing strategies, new geographies, new products)
- Own reporting and analysis of SaaS metrics and GTM KPIs internally and externally (quarterly board decks, monthly finance reviews, etc.)
- Continuously monitor, implement, and revise tools, models, and systems to improve finance team efficiency and accuracy
- Collaborate and/or own strategic initiatives as required
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 4+ years of experience in investment banking, PE/VC, or in strategic finance/FP&A at a high-growth SaaS company
- Strong understanding of the key drivers of a B2B SaaS business, including ARR, gross/net retention, CAC, payback period, LTV, and more
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the financial impact of operational decisions
- Excellent communicator with the ability to form collaborative relationships across multiple disciplines and seniority levels
- Desire for continuous process improvement and driving change within a fast-paced organization
- Proven ability to build and improve various types of complex financial models in Excel
- CPA, CFA, or MBA considered a plus
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and a company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.
See more open positions at Loopio
Something looks off?