Software Developer (Connections Team)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a passionate and endlessly curious Software Developer to join our growing team! You will work cross-functionally across a team of innovative Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to deliver a world-class product to our users.
This role will be on the Connections mission team. The Connection team’s role is to enhance existing workflows and connect Loopio with the tools our customers use. We build third-party integrations and APIs to make sure that Loopio can meet our customers where they already are.
- Content management integrations with systems like Seismic, Google Drive, and SharePoint
- Project management integrations for tools like Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics
- Loopio Library search from tools like Slack, Chrome and Ms Team.
- Notifications from Loopio in communication tools like MS Teams and Slack
- Loopio's Public API to connect with everything else
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with a team of developers to build end-to-end features from scratch that integrate with Loopio’s web platform
- Squash bugs as they come up because you can’t stand messy software
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers and Product Designers in an agile environment to bring features to life and iterate on them based on our customers' feedback
- Dive into learning the new technologies and solving the novel problems that come from integrating with 3rd-party systems
- Mentor and coach others, providing technical guidance and helping build an environment of knowledge-sharing and encouraged feedback
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- A strong understanding of how web applications work with some experience in both the front-end and back-end
- A growing passion for driving processes and building tools for greater productivity
- A “get it done” attitude, but you understand the difference between smart shortcuts and shortcuts that keep phones buzzing all night
- Experience with the following is a nice to have: PHP, React and MySQL
- Strong understanding of database design and RDBMS.
- Proficient in using and designing RESTful APIs
- Mentorship to other engineers through coaching, design, code reviews
- A growing passion for driving processes and improving software development productivity for your team
- Experience in the following is a plus: Typescript, AWS, Cypress, Elasticsearch and integration with third party apps
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and a company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.