Manager, Sales (Commercial)
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
We are looking for a Commercial Sales Manager to hire, coach, and inspire a group of Account Executives and Sr. Account Executives to exceed their quotas. This segment within the sales team focuses on clients with up to 500 employees across a broad range of industries including tech, financial services, medical and pharma-tech. You’ll be joining a passionate group of sales professionals who are all striving to be masters of their craft.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company, with a rapidly-evolving team. You will have a direct impact on the growth of the sales organization, and more importantly, play a key role in the success of Loopio.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner with senior leadership to answer the question: “How will we hit our growth targets?”
- Report directly to our Senior Director of Sales to help manage our Account Executive (AE) team to help us navigate and win complex sales cycles.
- Help execute on our sales strategy, frameworks, and processes.
- Manage a team of 6+ Account Executives who are hungry to learn, grow and execute.
- Use your vast sales experience to help coach AEs through obstacles in the sales cycle.
- Analyze, communicate, and obsess over sales metrics and forecasting.
- Recruit and hire top talent through rigorous, intelligent, and thoughtful interview practices.
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds of a deal with your team— get on the phone, help craft an email, or even be the expert negotiator!
- Manage and coach AEs through regular 1-on-1s, pipe reviews, and customized training sessions.
- Help establish, maintain, and amplify a world-class sales culture.
- Collaborate with other leaders in Loopio (e.g. Marketing, Customer Success, Product) to ensure seamless communication and roll-out of strategic projects.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Preferably 2+ years of previous sales leadership experience, in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Proven track record of success working as a successful Account Executive, preferably in B2B SaaS.
- You’re versed in people management and have a deep understanding of how to coach and nurture a team of high-performing Account Executives.
- You know and are familiar with driving performance and growth conversations.
- Boast a record of exceeding your goals, setting organizational targets, and delivering.
- Ability to communicate and articulate strategic ideas with executives, and run with high-level concepts.
- You’re process and data-oriented — you dream about Salesforce Reports and Dashboards.
- Scaling experience (e.g. rapid team growth) as an individual contributor or leader is a tremendous asset.
Where You’ll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You’ll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: This role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries.
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? Ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.