Manager, Enterprise Business Development
Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
We are looking for a Manager, Enterprise Business Development to hire, coach, and inspire our team of large enterprise-focused BDRs. You’ll be joining a passionate group of peer sales leaders who are all striving to be masters of their craft.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company, with a rapidly evolving team. You will have a direct impact on the growth of the Sales Development organization and play a key role in the success of Loopio.
You will oversee & support daily prospecting activities, be a critical part of the hiring and onboarding process, and play an active role in the ongoing training of the team. This is a key leadership role that works closely with the Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, and our Operations teams to continue Loopio’s rapid growth.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading a team of Enterprise Business Development Reps who are responsible for prospecting, sourcing, and qualifying net-new outbound opportunities.
- Creating and building upon existing best practices for outbound prospecting that generate high-quality opportunities through a mix of media - this is an opportunity to really show your creativity and encourage it in your team.
- Taking a hands-on approach to management - you are comfortable leading by example on the phone or on the floor at future events and conferences.
- Managing and coaching your team through regular 1-on-1s, forecast calls, customized training sessions, and any other creative initiatives. You are fantastic at motivating others!
- Analyzing metrics and tracking team performance so data helps drive our decisions.
- Recruiting and hiring top talent through rigorous, intelligent, and thoughtful interview practices.
- Building, encouraging, and recognizing model BDR behaviour in your reps.
- Working closely with the Sales Leadership team to create and hone a best-in-class culture.
- Partnering with Sales Enablement to optimize onboarding programs and ongoing coaching and training for the team.
- Collaborating with other leaders in Loopio such as Marketing, Customer Success, or Product to ensure seamless communication and roll-out of strategic projects.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 2+ years of Sales Development management or team-lead experience, preferably in SaaS
- Boast a record of exceeding your goals, setting organizational targets, and consistently delivering
- Experience in the role of SDR/BDR, preferably in both an inbound and outbound capacity
- Experience with CRM, Sales Automation tools (i.e. Salesforce and Outreach)
- Bonus points for a track record of hiring, ramping and retaining top talent
- University degree or equivalent
Where You’ll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You’ll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.